• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
My first pair of Tricker's from Shoe Healer.
Awesome customer service and wow Richard really knows boots!
Absolutely love these.
------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

princealbert

Reaction score
I saw a pair on ebay with dainite sole, isn't it a non sens to build a summer shoe with thick rubber sole?
I do agree with this to an extent. However the James is a fairly sturdy shoe with a barbour welt and it definitely has a heavy feel to which I like. It is what I would describe as more of a british style loafer, whereas American loafers (which I am also a fan of) tend to have a lighter moccasin style construction.
Although I would not opt for a dainite sole myself I think the shoe can take it. I tend to wear mine as a work shoe rather than a casual shoe although it could be worn as either. They also do a version of the James called Giacomo which has a double leather sole and that must be seriously heavy.

tom delgado

Reaction score

I found this pair of James on ebay, it looks very attrattive to me, can anyone help me with the color? What the color's name? Are these loafers originals?

Thanks!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a pair of the Lambourns? I can't decide between going a full size down in UK from my normal US dress shoe size, or just a half size.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Ordered some black stows from the shoehealer last week - got a follow-up about sizing but haven't heard anything since. Do they normally provide a tracking #?

Last edited:

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
Ordered some black stows from the shoehealer last week - got a follow-up about sizing but haven't heard anything since. Do they normally provide a tracking #?

Yes they do and Richard is rather prompt when it comes to shipping, I believe he is out of town for the moment.
You can always email them to inquire about your order status, they have great customer service.

heterophilous

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

A few of us have been trying to put together an MTO project with 3 definites confirmed. It'll be based upon a recent Junya Watanabe X Trickers Super Boot model that retailed earlier last year at Mr. Porter, Paul & Friends, and The End.

There are some modifications we'll be making to that model too. And the quote we got from Richard from the Shoe Healer, makes it a better deal too.

Current pricing for our MTO model would be £325.00 (exclusive of VAT), or around $522.00 for non-EU based customers.

Inclusive of VAT, it would be £390.00.

Tentative Specs are as Follows:

Tricker's Eaton Model (w/ no medallion on toe) i.e. a perforated captoe boot
Acorn Antique Leather
Brass Eyelets
Red or Orange Lining
Orange
Pull Tabs
Commando Sole
Natural Welt

4444 Last / 5 Fitting

The photos below should give you an approximate idea of what the boot would turn out like:

What's different with our MTO model is that it would be on the 4444 last, and have brass eyelets, whereas the original Junya model is rumoured to be on the 4497 . . .

Here's a link to a captoe Eaton model on the 4444, which should give you a better idea of what the toe box area would look like:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/241668/trickers-mto-forum-group-buy/800_100#post_6608015

Hit us up on the Tricker's MTO thread (link above) if you're interested in getting on board.

dranguschu

Reaction score

The latest addition to my Tricker's collection, Stow in Mogano Cordovan from Shoehealer, thank Richard for introducing this nice pair to me !!!!

heterophilous

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on our captoe boot MTO project in acorn antique.

We are currently confirmed with 5 people on board.

Which means we need only one more to for a reduced priced deal of £325.00 (ex VAT).

Tentative Specs are as Follows:

Tricker's Eaton Model (w/ no medallion on toe) i.e. a perforated captoe boot
Acorn Antique Leather
Brass Eyelets
Red or Orange Lining
Orange Pull Tabs
Commando Sole
Natural Welt
4444 Last / 5 Fitting

Hit us up on the Tricker's MTO Forum Group Buy Thread if you're interested joining.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads