• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to repost this makeup as we are 1 order away from making it happen. I know there is at least one other person out there who wants this boot

Allan boot in Teck cordovan
Red lining & red pull tab
Brass eyelets
Mid Brown binding along the edge of the facings
Natural Barbour welt
Red Dainite sole

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]Here is a pic of the Allan boot[/FONT]

My thinking is that the red accents of the pull tab and sole would look quite nice as it would bring out some of the red tones of the cordovan. All payments would be made directly to Richard and I would not be involved in any way. Total price would be right around $650 including delivery. It would be like $150 deposit and then balance in 10-12 weeks when they are ready.

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested. There is a price increase coming August 1st, but Richard has agreed to hold the price.
Thank to everyone who is interested in this boot! We have enough people to go into production and Richard from Shoe Healer shoudl be reaching out to you today (if he has not already done so). It should be an awesome makeup!

mothball

Reaction score

Coffee Monkeys from Richard.

I've been trying to talk myself out of these for a month. I bought the pair in green, and I really don't need them in coffee.

But they look great, zippy; this picture may make me cave.

tom delgado

Reaction score
Today I have received my first pair of stows!! Great deal in German ebay.. Espresso on dainite.. Original box, dust bag and polish.. These were listed as used but they are exactly like new!!! 200 euros
1f633.png
1f633.png

Only one question: these are uk 9,5 witch is my normal size on formal shoes.. Lenght seems to be ok but they feel a little tight on toes
1f61e.png
. Will this go ok with the break in process??

Thanks!!!

smartlew

Reaction score
If they're just a bit snug on your little toe then they should give eventually.

I found that the calf leather on my stows was pretty tough to break in compared with some other leathers, but it's very comfy now. A good shoe shop will be able to put them on stretch for you for little or no charge.

smartlew

Reaction score
Or if you happen to have a pair of shoe trees handy, put a couple of pairs of socks on before you put them in the boots and leave them with the laces tied between the first few wears. Not sure that's a SF-approved way of doing it, but it helps if a good shop isn't so easy to get to.

I also snapped up an eBay bargain myself, hopefully they'll arrive by the end of the week!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Or if you happen to have a pair of shoe trees handy, put a couple of pairs of socks on before you put them in the boots and leave them with the laces tied between the first few wears. Not sure that's a SF-approved way of doing it, but it helps if a good shop isn't so easy to get to.

I've done that before with shoes that just needed a little loosening up.

smartlew

Reaction score
I'm sure this is covered elsewhere, so apologies, but the beat way to deal with a deep scuff like this?

I would guess glue it down, and carry on as normal but open to suggestions.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I did something like that once.
I carefully glued it down with super glue, let it dry, then polished.
Seems to be okay and hardly visible.

There's been a thread or two about this in the classic menswear forum.

smartlew

Reaction score
New boots! Stow in black cordovan on dainite...insoles say 'St.James Collection for SUGAR', so not sure what the deal is with these. Very nice though!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads