1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

M7292 is the Keswick model number. So unless these have been MTO'd on a different last, they should be on a 4444.

Best,
    MM

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I'd be amazed if they weren't on 4444.

3. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

4. Giannis

Giannis Senior member

Yesterday I wore the trickers and I hit the rock stairs quite hard so that happened. I suppose this upper part of the commando soles is leather so it lost the colour in the hit spot. Is there anything I can do? A cream maybe but it is hard to find the correct colour. Would a non coloured cream do the job?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  5. meso

meso Senior member

I had to look at that picture twice to see the damage.
    It's not a big deal, put some brown cream on it and call me in the morning.

6. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

To be honest, I am struggling to see the problem. Do you mean that little indentation on the welt, and the slight scratch?

I am really not trying to be clever or funny, and I am guessing that these are new. This is what will happen to your shoes as you wear them, unless you never go outside and only walk on carpets. It is how the shoes take on their unique patina. However, I do know that the first blemish is the hardest one to take.

As your welt is stained dark brown all you need to do is rub a little dark brown polish on it and leave it to soak in for a short while before buffing it. (I recommend Saphir cremes and polishes) Before long you won't notice that anything happened. Until it happens again ... and again. The result: beautifully worn-in shoes.

Enjoy them!

7. Giannis

Giannis Senior member

Thank you for your replys and sorry if i ve been very picky. I have only wear them less than 10 times.

Here is a better image with no flash to see what I mean.

[​IMG]

I was wearing lately a lot a pair of churchs with dainite sole which have no signs of wear, and this is the only other goodyear shoes I got, so no experience.

8. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

Natural wear and tear that can be fixed with edge dressing. No worries.

9. Engineer05

Engineer05 Well-Known Member

^^That's not bad at all. Some brown cream will hide that nicely.

10. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I'm as OCD as they come, but I wouldn't even bother covering that up, esp. if it's the only ding you got after 10 wears. While I agree that the first blemish is the hardest one to take, it's not as though you got a huge gash in the leather upper or something...

11. westie187

westie187 Senior member

You could take a Sharpie and just color it in. We'll never tell.....

12. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Dents and dings like this are what give your footwear character. You will add more to your shoes as you wear them in the real world and they can easily be covered up.

13. rbf1138

rbf1138 Member

So I came across this picture today
    https://sbystyles.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/82ecf0e1eda8c433d3624a2a08ce6af2.jpg

which sent me on a crazy internet goose chase trying to find shoes just like these. First I tumbled on these Tricker's
    http://www.lyst.com/shoes/trickers-leather-derby-brogues-red/

which are long gone but matched most closely. I really love the deeper burgundy hue of them. It seems these are also long gone but they're Oxblood collaboration with End: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TrickEnd6_2.jpg

Anyway, I found the Trickers X End collaboration in lollipop cavalier, figure they'll be the closest I can get, and bought the last pair they had in US size 7. I'm hoping they're not too small but I figured I may as well take a chance on them. I have Grenson Stanleys in size 7.5 US and theyre slightly big on me so hopefully these fit just right.

The second thing is that I'm hoping they're slightly less bright in person. I'm thinking I can tone them down a bit if needed and pull them to a more burgundy side with some brown or burgundy polish, after a coat of Saphir Renovateur. That color comes off in so many different shades when you search on google. For example:
    http://img15.shop-pro.jp/PA01158/680/product/58967480_o3.jpg?20130512000701
    http://www.endclothing.co.uk/tricker-s-for-end-hunting-co-bourton-derby-brogue.html

Can you guys offer any insight into how I can wear these? I'm hoping to wear them casually with jeans, to work with chinos, and even with a navy suit to formal events like weddings...would these be appropriate in all those scenarios?

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  14. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

I think you'll love the leather. I have a pair of boots and shoes in it. I wouldn't change the colour but each to their own. Here's a pic of my boots after a couple of years of very light wear. [​IMG]

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I love the lollipop color.
    Search this thread for posts by user MSAINT. He had some lollipop boots he turned into a more oxblood color. I think he used black and brown polishes.

I've got a few pairs in the lollipop leather. The shade varies a fair amount from pair to pair. I got a pair of those cap toes pictured above from the Bureau fairly recently and they're quite a bit darker than my older pairs.

I would not wear any pair of Tricker's country shoe with a suit. They're just too big and clunky.

16. rbf1138

rbf1138 Member

And what color belt would I wear with these? Something brown but on the redder/burgundy side?

17. Carson

Carson Senior member

I'm wearing mine today. I just used a small amount of saphir cream wax in black to darken them a bit, kind of like what people used to do with the old oxblood doc martens. I would not at all, though, use paste wax on lollipop cavalier, because it's a variant of chromexcel. That said, they look pretty great just left as they are. It's a great leather and color…

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  18. rbf1138

rbf1138 Member

Thanks for the replies so far. I think I'm gonna work with the Saphir mahogany and black when I get them. That is assuming they fit me well. As I mentioned, I have Grenson's in a 6.5 and they are just a tad big but with insoles they fit nicely. I ordered the last pair of the "UK 6" and according to End that is a 7 in US size, right on the page for these. I'm hoping that's fairly accurate and not really UK 6=US 6.5.

19. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Those End ones are on the 4444 last. It's pretty gigantic so I wouldn't worry about them being too small.

20. Carson

Carson Senior member

Totally normal. All of my Tricker's boots have that at this point. Nothing to worry about other than a touch up now and then...