• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd assume it's an error.

smartlew

Reaction score
Would someone please post a side x side comparison pic of an acorn brogue shoe and one in gold mc? Might as well throw in coffee and c-shade if you have them to hand, but mainly interested in the first two.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's raining right now so no natural light for you.

Coffee, gold, acorn. I'm not 100% sure that is "gold mc" since the box just says "gold".

cgul629

Reaction score
Great looking shoes Namor. Is there a retailer that carries those, or would I need to go MTO/group buy to get something in cipresso green shell?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grabbed the Mogano cordovan Chukkas with Dainite soles from the ReTrickers store off eBay! I will post pics once they arrive

smartlew

Reaction score
Cheers zippy! Might finally be over my hatred for brown brogues, so thought I'd do some research.
Can't quite make my mind up about the gold, it seems to look very different depending on the light.

Don't like longwings, but that colour is lovely!

Last edited:

Lee

Reaction score
I have been putting together an MTO order with Trickers and have been at a cross roads for some time with what 'Last' to use on my shoes; 81 or 4444.

I have read and read and read forums about it the topic, which still haven't cleared it up for me.

Unfortunately Trickers Jermyn St. store don't carry any shoes on an 81 Last as it's something only the factory do. The guys in the Tricker store didn't even know Trickers used an 81 Last "that's a Church's last isn't it?" one remarked.

Richard at shoehealer.co.uk knows his stuff and recommended the '81 Last' for the Golosh Brogue, which I preferred the sound of (sleeker in the toes), nicer silhouette.

Anyway, I emailed the factory who sent me the pictures below. You will see a 4444 Last and an 81 Last.

Hope this helps anyone out there in the same boat as I was.

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Last chance to jump on the Iris Cordovan no Medallion Eaton Boot. Details above in prior posts.

Confirming makeup with Richard tomorrow and they are getting ordered soon after.

If you want in, now is your chance. 412.5 GBP (Vat free) shipped (495 w/ vat).

PM me if you want in.

Last edited:

rkusmant

Reaction score

I have been putting together an MTO order with Trickers and have been at a cross roads for some time with what 'Last' to use on my shoes; 81 or 4444.

I have read and read and read forums about it the topic, which still haven't cleared it up for me.

Unfortunately Trickers Jermyn St. store don't carry any shoes on an 81 Last as it's something only the factory do. The guys in the Tricker store didn't even know Trickers used an 81 Last "that's a Church's last isn't it?" one remarked.

Richard at shoehealer.co.uk knows his stuff and recommended the '81 Last' for the Golosh Brogue, which I preferred the sound of (sleeker in the toes), nicer silhouette.

Anyway, I emailed the factory who sent me the pictures below. You will see a 4444 Last and an 81 Last.

Hope this helps anyone out there in the same boat as I was.

So what's your MTO specs?
Maybe you can turn it into bulk order

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Tricker’s Brogue group order MTO *Beat the price increase*

I’m putting together a group order for some MTO custom Brogues from Tricker’s.

Very nice, classic colourway. Please see photos below of the exact shoe I will be ordering. These will be great shoes for the coming winter season.

Price:
£360 incl. VAT (EU)
£300 for customers outside the EU

I need 5 other guys to get this order at this price.

Order will be taken care of by an authorized Tricker’s retailer.

I would like to get deposits sent within 2 weeks for a delivery in November / December.

Shoe spec:
Longwing Galosh Brogue Shoe
Last: 81
Colour:
Two Tone as follows;
Vamp and Tongue in Espresso Burnished Calf Leather
all the rest in Espresso Scotch Grain Calf
Lining Colour: Red
Eyelets: Blind Eyelets
No pull loops
Welt: Barbour Welt in Natural Finish
Sole: Dainite Sole in Brown

Email me with any Q’s.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads