1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Grove

Grove Senior member

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

great stuff by retricker on ebay. love that green waxy calf

3. Organika

Organika Senior member

Great to hear, I bet it is a big improvement. Post a picture if you get a chance !

4. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Anyone know if a zug/scotch grain brogue in acorn with leather sole was ever made?

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Closest I can think of offhand are tan scotch grain on commando from the Bureau a few years ago.
    I'd be amazed if there hasn't been something similar on leather sole.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. princealbert

princealbert Well-Known Member

I have seen a Bourton brogue in Sienna Scotch grain on a Japanese retailers site in the past. Slightly darker than acorn but looked like a great combination

7. soundsringing

soundsringing Member

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

more cipresso green shell love. i think this is a perfect shade of green. poor david could barely even capture this elusive shade of green, is it green? is it black? its cipresssssso

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Soundsringing - those teaks are nice. I saw those at 1 am in the morning and decided to sleep on it. Woke up and my size was gone...saved 800 bucks, so probably good news

Namor - those are sweet, will that cipressso lighten are darken with age?

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I would suspect so. Maybe to a lighter green but I would try to maintain it's darker black tone. Lighter shell can begin to look turquoise green no bueno

11. Engineer05

Engineer05 Well-Known Member

Scored a pair of Tricker's Regent cap-toes in beechnut calf on ebay today for a little less than 2 bills. From the pictures they looked like they're in pretty good condition - I'll post some pics when I get them.

12. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Those are gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I have a hard time dropping $840 on casual shell cordovan boots with orange pull tabs that I will have to worry about getting wet. Would have been much better in chromexcel or zug. Speaking of which, does Tricker's do anything with chromexcel?

13. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

They use Cavalier which is a chromexcel leather; as far as I remember it is used to denote a certain line of colors. Trickers uses nice thick cuts of Cavalier, but I still find it too stretchy and scratch-prone for my liking.

14. kicker245

kicker245 Senior member

How is Tricker's scotch grain? I'm trying to figure out if I should get the Grasmere's in black or pony up the extra $100 for black Alden shell boots

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Tricker's scotch grain varies.
    I've got a pair of the brown Grasmeres and the leather is kind of meh. Stiff and kind of plastic. I think it's actually zug.
    But I've also got some tan scotch grain Stows and some burgundy scotch grain stubby Stows where the leather feels so much nicer. Not plastic at all.

Given your choices, I'd pony up the extra and get the shell Aldens.

1 person likes this.
  16. Engineer05

Engineer05 Well-Known Member

I have some espresso scotch grain Woodstocks on Dainite, and I couldn't be happier with them. The leather is thick and fairly stiff, since they're relatively new.

[​IMG]

17. Renton

Renton Senior member

I recently got a pair of the zug Grasmeres and I can't believe the difference between the Tricker's zug and Edward Green's zug. The tricker's are exactly as you described them, stiff and plastic. Edward Green's version, while initially stiff and waxy, is breaking in nicely.

18. philkim

philkim Member

Does anybody know where I can purchase Trickers in NYC? all I know is the nepenthes and Grahame Fowler in west village.

I have pretty small feet which I can't find in these stores..

19. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

It's cheaper to order them from ShoeHealer ... Even w/shipping cost factored in

20. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Styleforum x Tricker's Allan MTO in Teak Cordo: around 5mos of light wear

[​IMG]

3 people like this.