• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any photos of cipresso cordovan. Seems black with hints of green (which is perfect for me). Also anybody know what last the Tres Bien ones are built on?

only picture I found

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im sure the color will lighten up once creasing begins

wombus

Reaction score
here is the same green shell

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/shell-stows/

is trickers shell the same stuff meermin uses?

That link is mahogany - it's definitely not green (closer to a very dark Color #8)

Trickers used to source their shell from two sources - horween for conventional colours and I think they use a tannery in spain or italy for the more exotic colours (as opposed to the Argentina claims in that link). I think Meermin use a tannery in Argentina, but I know they are experimenting with shells from another tannery in more exotic colours.... so their (future) exotic colours may indeed be from the same tannery.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
odd the google image link showed a green shoe

novise

Reaction score
Anybody have any photos of cipresso cordovan. Seems black with hints of green (which is perfect for me). Also anybody know what last the Tres Bien ones are built on?
Aloha, adding to this can anyone assist an insight to sizing.

How do the Tres Bien pair fit?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
here is the same green shell

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/shell-stows/

is trickers shell the same stuff meermin uses?

That link is mahogany - it's definitely not green (closer to a very dark Color #8)

Trickers used to source their shell from two sources - horween for conventional colours and I think they use a tannery in spain or italy for the more exotic colours (as opposed to the Argentina claims in that link). I think Meermin use a tannery in Argentina, but I know they are experimenting with shells from another tannery in more exotic colours.... so their (future) exotic colours may indeed be from the same tannery.

There were rumors that Tricker's uses Horween Cordovan but I don't think they were ever confirmed.
For sure they use Comipel. The last pair of cordovan Tricker's I got had a little Comipel tag.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

only picture I found

The 4 eyelets suggests to me 4444 but that's only a guess.
All the 4 eyelet longwings I can recall seeing have been 4444.

The 5 eyelet ones have been on the 81 or 2298.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 4 eyelets suggests to me 4444 but that's only a guess.
All the 4 eyelet longwings I can recall seeing have been 4444.

The 5 eyelet ones have been on the 81 or 2298.

Thanks, emailed Tres Bien they had no idea neither but I was thinking 4444.
love the color

i would guess youre a uk10

The 4444 fits like .25 sizes big for me, so if the shell is a tiny bit looser than 9.5 might work. Gonna wait for the next discount then kop though $570 shipped is tempting now

DktrFaustus

Reaction score

There were rumors that Tricker's uses Horween Cordovan but I don't think they were ever confirmed.
For sure they use Comipel. The last pair of cordovan Tricker's I got had a little Comipel tag.

The mogano cordovan Allan boots that Paul & Friends were/(are?) selling were advertised as being of Japanese origin.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Comipel gets their hides from Japan and processes them in Italy.

oxfordian

Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on some Burfords from Pediwear. Trying to decide between Antique Marron and Espresso. I'll be wearing them to work (I'm a university lecturer) with cords, moleskins, blazer. I'm leaning a little more toward Espresso, as I have darker features and it'll be a little more formal. What do you reckon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads