1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Frans Boone has some cordo longwing boots.

1 person likes this.
  2. nullspace

nullspace Member

Superdenim doesn't have the best or most reliable product descriptions, unfortunately. The boot is on the 4444 last and is fitting 5 (Tricker's standard width). I've found the 4444 last to be quite generous in terms of the volume (width and instep). I'm a 9.5D US brannock but can also wear 9E US. For the boot, I took a 8.5 UK fitting 5. I found the length and width to work out well, though I do have a bit of extra volume in the boot. However, nothing that a thin insole can't take care of. Also, the storm welt for the boot gives it some extra presence too, so comparatively, it makes my other shoes/boots look small.
    I believe it was a special collaboration with Superdenim, but it's possible that other stockists may have them. May be worth contacting Lost and Found as they posted a photo of the boot!

3. Spython

Spython Member

Does anyone have advice for sizing Tricker's derbies? Currently looking at this pair in a regular width (5) but very unfamiliar with Tricker's lasts and general sizing. I am 9.5 Alden barrie and US 10.5 on the Brannock device. Also a Nike 10.5, Vans 10 if that helps at all!

Based on previous discussions I am leaning towards ordering a US9.5 (note the size chart on Norse has a typo). My only concern is that the split-width Alden lasts do a poor job of accommodating the width of my forefoot - would a 5 fitting in trickers be impractical?

I am unsure if sizing is the same for Tricker's boots and derbies - hoping someone has experience. Cheers!

4. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

The Woodstock is on the 4497S last. If you're a 10.5 on the Brannock, I'd go with a 9.5 UK in the 4497S

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Don't think of Tricker's in US sizes, the conversion is just going to fuck you up. Some use 1 full size to convert; others only 1/2 size.
    The sizes of shoes you list don't help since they seem out of whack.

If Norse means US9.5=UK9, just as a semi-wild ass guess, that sounds too small for you.

6. Spython

Spython Member

The Norse sizing guide was throwing me off but I suspect the "US10" as listed is manufactured by Trickers as a UK9.5.. I will contact them to sort that out. Only reason I return to US sizes is the ordering process via Norse seems to require such.

Which shoe sizings seem off? I have not been able to find a trickers retailer locally but was hoping Alden sizing might provide some insight.

Thanks again for all the help!

7. Engineer05

Engineer05 Well-Known Member

What are SF's thoughts on these? Tricker's Woodstock in Scotch Grain

I think they'd be a good year-round shoe for a business casual environment, and they should be good in the rain with the Dainite sole and scotch grain leather. With a coupon they're about $300. What I'm worried about is they'd look too chunky to be dressed up with slacks or a suit.

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

If you're 10.5US brannock, I'd expect 10US in barrie.
    sjmin209 is probably right about the 9.5UK.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I wouldn't wear with a suit but they'd look good with more casual pents like tweeds or cords.
    $300 for them would be a good price.

1 person likes this.
  10. Spython

Spython Member

I see. I found the barrie to be incredibly narrow at the front, it's possible that this occurred by sizing down. I did try on a 10 barrie in the same shoe and the toe box felt roomy - yet again the narrowness of the front was my predominant issue with the shoe.

Does the trickers 4497S lend itself to a wider toe box?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yes

1 person likes this.
  12. beartronic

beartronic New Member

While surfing the net today, i have come across this wonderful forum for the first time.

Its nice to meet like minded folks who enjoy quality footwear!

Below are few pairs from my collection of Trickers.... I am particularly interested in Cordovan ones especially and have been lucky to acquire 4 pairs now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Welcome and you have a great collection

14. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Would anyone be interested in an MTO essentially mimicking the Superdenim black cordovan boots?

Seems like such a perfect black boot. Wish I had known about it sooner.

1 person likes this.
  16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I would rather a black CXL plain toe or wingtip boot

17. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

18. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Physically, they look in pretty good condition. Soled look to have some mileage left and the leather will respond nicely to some conditioner and polish. Size 9 UK and regular width. $89 after shipping, which for me would be a little high for a well used shoe, but I'm a little fussy about what I put my feet in. Maybe make a lower offer. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

Thanks a lot! All of the tricker's i've purchased have been new, so seeing that price point I was like hey I could just kick around in these and still have some good quality. I'll see about a lower offer.

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thats a pretty good price. dainite shows little wear but dainite is rock hard