Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

2. The7Ups

The7Ups Well-Known Member

Some tasty cordovan seconds on the Retrickers ebay site today, a UK 8.5 Allan boot (4497 last), a UK10 Bourton (4444 last) and adding.

All a bit pricier than the normal calf leather seconds, 300GBP.

3. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

I really wish the Allan in Cotto Cordovan where available in 6.5! [​IMG]

4. marno76

marno76 Member

Ok everybody, after months of indecision I decided to spend some money in a new pair of shoes.
    Due to a heavy winter I decided that I needed a pair of winter shoes that suited my suit.
    I used public means or bicycle and snow and rain totally destroyed my other pair (italian brand named il gergo, check them out).
    So after studying and studying I bought my new black stow boots with Vibram sole.
    They fitted me so well when I tried and then I could not resist.
    I hope next winter this will show and prove to have been a good choice. I am quite sure.
    What I like most is the fact that look just like another "suit"shoe when the trousers are over them.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Anybody have experience buying from Pediwear and shipping to the U.S.? Good? Bad? Do you normally get hit with customs or import fees?

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

First couple times they shipped via parcel force/usps so no customs.
    Last time they used UPS so had to pay duty.
    Some one told me you can still request parcel force/usps when you order.

7. marno76

marno76 Member

no I bought them at a shop, I can't buy shoes online! it's would be like throwing money out of the window, for me.

8. marno76

marno76 Member

[​IMG]

Here they are. I hope in approval from you. I consider this pair as formal dress and not casual.
    But I think they fit both. I'll tell you more next winter. Now in Italy is getting warmer (even if rainy) after a long winter.

9. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Ciao Marmo, brogues and most of all Country boots were intended for country life (gentlemen sports, shooting, fishing, whatsoever) so, not formal at all...

That being said I wear my Stow, Eatons and other Tricker's boots in the city all year long as formal dressing is rarely appropriately observed nowadays even in jobs where jacket & tie are part of the dressing code (plus my job allows me to dress as I want) so I quite agree with you: Country Collection has become quite formal!

Conclusion: who cares, do as you want and be happy with it!

10. marno76

marno76 Member

Yes but in my experience - unless you have a driver and live the marvelous life - such level of "formal" is more than enough.
    I mean during winter I still have to go to work, by bike or feet, to walk, to go to court etc. etc..
    How is someone supposed to do that on my crockett and jones or fratelli rossetti black captoes? :)
    thanks!

11. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

I wear all my boots (12 pairs of Tricker's boots, 12 pairs of Red Wing boots + some Alden and Heschung boots as well) on every occasions and every seasons (I walk to my office, use my Vespa or subway the rest of the time) except on my construction sites where I wear Thorogood safety shoes (still US made and GY welted Vibram soles and steel toe).

Good shoes (well built) can't fear rain, snow, mud or sun ans long as they're well maintained (Saphir milk & pommadier creams or Obenauf products for instance)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013

12. conak

conak Well-Known Member

Holy [email protected] yes! I had this happen first to my Maroon Trickers (cleaner followed by multiple coats of rennovateur cleaned it off, only to reappear with every drizzle of rain, and then I repeat the process). I thought it could be salt (I'm new to both higher-end boots and to life in a region that salts the roads and sidewalks) but when it didn't happen to a pair of Loakes I own, but did happen to a pair of pebble Alfred Sargents, I blamed the Saphir that had served as a base coat for the stain-prone boots. Oddly, it happened to the Trickers before I had applied anything to them, but I know they apply polish at the factory, and others have suggested they use Saphir. I've managed to end the trouble by striping the shoes with that heavy duty Saphir cleaner, and then applying 2 coats of Obernaufs. Occasionally spots will appear, but a quick pass with a horsehair brush now removes it. I think the Obernaufs is the key. On the Loakes I started with 2 coats of Obernaufs as a base, and put the rennovateur on top after it soaked in, and they've never had a stain.

13. marno76

marno76 Member

thanks! I started worrying because that is my first pair of shoes costing more than 250 Euro (which is a lot for me and in general, I think).
    yet on this forum people seem to spend billions in dress and shoes (john lobb?!?!?! ahahah! yes if I made 10.000 euro a month, maybe) while for me there must be a fixed proportion ratio between my net earnings and spendings.
    I also had never heard about Obenauf (I'll see if here in Italy their products are on sale).

14. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Salve Marno, of course everything has to be (or should be) a balance between earnings and spendings nad trying to be reasonable. Just know that your Tricker's can last your whole life if you take care of them properly, it's always better that spending less on "fashion brands" shoes poorly made in whatever sweatshop and that will last you 1 year at most.

There are no Obenauf's distributors in France either but I bought their products on-line from their website (Special offers are the best bargain: https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=24 )

Last edited: May 2, 2013

15. mr monty

mr monty Senior member