Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. veedubhkg

veedubhkg Member

Those are Teck cordovan.

2. meso

meso Senior member

Did you find that Tricker's cordovan was high-quality?

3. conak

conak Well-Known Member

Yup, I was eyeballing your boots the whole time they were for sale, but despite my best attempts, I couldn't use mind power to bump the size up by a half.

How does the 4497 sizing compare to your US size in boots when wearing those thick socks? I have a pair of 'not stows' from STP in 10UK, and they are comfortable but with enough wiggle room that I think maybe the slightly larger last of the 4497 could knock me to a 9.5UK. Normally I take a 10.5 in boots (hiking, etc) that take a thick sock. Any suggestions?

4. charlesgoodyear

charlesgoodyear Member

You can find them with 20-30% discount in December and January, but the stores are far between and usually online.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

5. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Whts with that left boot? Looks much lighter than the right

6. njaflo

njaflo Member

Hello, pls help with information about Trickers 81 last size. I wearing CJ 8,5UK in 348 and 236last and 9UK in 325last, i don't know what size to buy in 81last Trickers (UK8.5 or UK9 size)?

7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That sounds kind of weird to wear a smaller size in 348 than in the 325.
    The 81 last is pretty true to size/normal fitting.

8. veedubhkg

veedubhkg Member

If your post is about my pair of eaton, my response would be the lighter shade on the vamp of the left is my only complaint of an otherwise perfect pair of boots. Alas, being an MTO order which is not returnable, I suppose I just have to chalk it up.

9. striker

striker Senior member

Edited: Boots bought so the comments are no longer relevant

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

MOT being non-returnable should not mean they can deliver a boot with defects and expect you to keep it. That said, it's not unusual for different pieces of shell to reflect light differently on the same shoe, depending on the angle of the light. But it's for you to judge whether it's normal variation due to lighting or whether they used a different color entirely.

I wouldn't settle for "MTO" as the excuse if in fact you think they are defective.

11. veedubhkg

veedubhkg Member

Thank you for pointing that put.
    Let me just get this straight: The MTO angle was all just my own take of things. It was not given to me from the vendor where I placed the MTO order. Hence take it for what it's worth.
    That said, despite the lighter shade of the left vamp, the actual boots shows that it's a lighter shade of teck cordovan.

12. FOXY

FOXY Member

My little collection so far...
    [​IMG]

13. seer

seer Senior member

I'm usually a 10.5D or a 10E US - I should have gone with the UK9.5 in the 6 wide. I have a very high instep.

14. striker

striker Senior member

I recently bought and receive a pair of Trickers Malton in C Shade Gorse. I must say that the quality is higher than American made boots. I am normally a US11D bordering on 11E and ordered a UK10 in a 5 Fitting.

I was debating to either go for a UK10.5 or a UK10 as some have suggested going down only 1/2 a size due to shortness of its length. Thankfully mine fits well with thin/ medium weight socks despite having gone a full size down. They are more snug than most other English shoe brands in the same size and I can see why some might want to either go up in width or a 1/2 size up, I was always of the impression that Tricker's had a generous fit.

The gorse calf is thicker than the regular calf but quite soft and I think will only get softer with use. It has a very matte/ waxy leather look that confines it to country use. I need some advice on whether I should buy the Obenauf LP to treat the boots or simply use what I already have in my shoe care kit i.e. Saphir Renovateur, Lexol, Pate De Luxe wax (Black, Brown and Mahogany which seems to match the C shade color quite well.)

15. aram108

aram108 Member

Hello All,

Going to order my first pair of Trickers this week.

Question.

Does anyone here have both the Eaton in boot in Coffee and the Stowe in Acorn?

I was originally going to get an Acorn Stowe. I tried them on in NYC and really liked how they looked, but I was also wondering if they darken in time.

I would actually prefer this, as they just a little too light. I'm comparing them to some beautiful cordovan ravello aldens I saw a photo of, which are unfortunately impossible to find anywhere. The trickers were not as beautiful, but similar.

They I saw the coffee eatons and thought they looked great and were a nicer color than the maltons, and probably more versatile than the acorns.

But I'm hesitant to get them because I haven't tried them on.

I very rarely wear dress clothes. Mostly wear jeans, even to work. So I'm not concerned about them working with suits and such.

If anyone here has experience with both boots, I'd love to hear your thoughts.