Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

country lasts?

All I know is I take a US10 in Alden and these are easily 1 and a half sizes bigger. I was even told by Bureau Belfast to size down to a UK9 or 8.5. My ass didnt want to listen. I measured the insole versus a Vans one today and it's 1 3/8" bigger then the Vans one.

2. robin

robin Senior member

No offense, but using sneakers as a way to size dress shoes and boots is not a good idea. Insole measurements are not always a good indicator either.

3. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

+1

I was about to post the same comment. Also, "my size in Alden" doesn't help much, given that Alden lasts differ +/1 half a size.

4. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Alden Longwing bluchers, Indy 405's and Cap toe boots. I dont wear much dress shoes or boots outside of the ones I just listed so I use what I can for reference.

I dont have a job that requires me to be super dressy all the time.

5. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

I'd start by getting your foot size measured at a store that sells dress shoes.

6. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

The sizing issue could also come from your instep and your width as well, not just the length of your foot.

7. haresh

haresh Senior member

So I have gone through this entire thread but am still confused about the sizing. Does anyone here own EG 888 last and Alden Barrie last ? I have tried both of these on so hoping with some information from members here I should be able to figure out my Trickers size. I havent found anyone that sells Trickers here in Hong Kong except for some collaborations and nothing in my size. I waer a UK 5.5/6.0 on the EG888 last and a very comforatable 6.0 on the Alden barrie last. Thanks for any help.

8. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

It all depends on which lasts, but if you're a 6D on the Barrie, I would recommend a UK 5.5 in a 5 width on the country lasts (Stows, Bourtons, etc).

9. haresh

haresh Senior member

Thanks Bhwee. Yeah I'm primarily interested in the Burtons & Keswick models. The Green or Navy ones at leather soul and I believe Jason has some too. So 5.5 UK and not 5 UK ? Tom from Leather Soul had suggested 5 but I reckon better bigger then smaller right.

10. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Here's my experience. I wear a 12D in the Barrie last. I had ordered a 12UK in 5 which felt a bit big in Bourtons but still kept them. Nothing ridiculous.
    I then ordered a pair in 11UK in 5 in Stows and those were ever so slightly tight.

I now wear a 11.5UK in 5 and I feel they are spot on. My concern is that you may struggle with length more than anything ordering UK 5.

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I'm 10.5D US in Barrie and 9.5 or 10UK in the Burtons and other country lasts. The 10UK is slightly big on me but is okay with an insole.
    The country lasts seem to be rather large around the instep. Length and toe width the 10UK is good as is the 9.5. The 9.5UK fits me better around the instep but as bbhewee mentions, if they were any shorter they wouldn't work.

I got my green Burtons from LS and the navy ones from pediwear.
    The green is awesome but truthfully, not the most versatile shoe.

12. haresh

haresh Senior member

Thanks guys. I tried on the 5.5 in a barrie last using thick socks and the length was just right so was the instep. The 6 in a barrie was comfortable with a little wiggle room in the length. I think the 5 may work but I will think on it some more.

Unfortunately pediwear doesnt have any in either a or 5.5 so was thinking of going the MTO route, thus the concern. Yeah the Greens arent versatile but they look great. Are the Navy & Green identical otherwise ? Sole, last etc ?

Do Trickers Bourton also come in a softer leather ?

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

My green burtons from LS are double leather sole. The navy from pediwear are dainite sole.

14. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

If you do decide to go the MTO route, I would recommend (as many others on here would) Richard at the Shoe Healer.
    Re leathers, there are actually plenty of options. I went with a leather called Black MC (or MotorCycle from what Richard told me at the time) which is a waxed leather and is rather softer than the standard Trickers offerings. He will be able to help you out and give you as much info as you need.

15. Amkq

Amkq New Member