• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

What last are the Golash wing tip boots on?  Same as Stow 4497?

I've got three pairs of long wing boots and they're all on the 4444.
I think I've seen them on the W2298 too though.
The Frans Boone Richard boots are an example.
That's assuming they're the same last as the Richard long wing shoe. So that's speculation on my part.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brown suede Tankers from Paul and Friends.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not quite understand the price of these new Tricker's x Maiden Noir selling at Havenshop.ca, they are US$987 (€757)!!! it is a lot more than Tricker's X Tresbien, Tricker's X Junya....
agreed! does anyone have these for sell tho? size 10 perhaps. or maybe you guys will know better how many sizes they run longer or shorter. I'm a size 10.5 in nikes so... any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Those look like Bourton/Keswick/Illkley on the 4444 last. There's lots of info in this thread on how the 4444 fits. You could get an MTO from the Shoe Healer for a lot less than $987. You could also get a standard black scotch grain Illkley on commando sole for under $500 shipped.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got three pairs of long wing boots and they're all on the 4444.
I think I've seen them on the W2298 too though.
The Frans Boone Richard boots are an example.
That's assuming they're the same last as the Richard long wing shoe. So that's speculation on my part.

I have a pair of the STP not-Stows on the W2298, and I cannot stand them. They are too narrow, especially in the toe box, for anything other than a dress sock. It's a mismatched last for a country style boot. Richard at Shoehealer told me that last is usually used for loafers, which makes sense. I'd recommend avoiding a boot on the W2298, unless you intend to wear it as a dress boot.

Brown suede Tankers from Paul and Friends.

I really like these.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The W2298 is funny. I've got Not-Stows, some suede chukkas, and some calf chukkas on the W2298 all in the same size.
The Not-Stows are kinda tight except with a dress sock.
The chukkas fit noticeably looser than the Not-Stows. I can comfortably wear a thicker sock (not that I do) with them.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I highly recommend Paul and Friends. Those Tankers were under $400 shipped from Sweden via postal service.
Took a week to get here. No customs/duty to pay.
They've got a few other styles on sale.

pennzi12

Reaction score
^^Thanks for the input all.

The Shoehealer has some great information. Sent him a message last year about an AS and he replied quickly with some very helpful information. Very polite.

Recently received a suede low leg logger from end hunting co. over the holidays in 10UK. Thinking now a 10.5UK would have worked after a few wears. Not sure of the last so I e-mailed End plus Trickers themselves and waiting for reply on last confirmation.

Nice tankers btw.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The Shoehealer has some great information.  Sent him a message last year about an AS and he replied quickly with some very helpful information.  Very polite.

Recently received a suede low leg logger from end hunting co. over the holidays in 10UK.  Thinking now a 10.5UK would have worked after a few wears.  Not sure of the last so I e-mailed End plus Trickers themselves and waiting for reply on last confirmation.

Nice tankers btw.

THese? http://www.endclothing.com/brands/trickers/tricker-s-x-end-hunting-co-low-leg-logger-boot-61979.html
I'd bet money those are on the 4497.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Shoehealer has some great information.  Sent him a message last year about an AS and he replied quickly with some very helpful information.  Very polite.

Recently received a suede low leg logger from end hunting co. over the holidays in 10UK.  Thinking now a 10.5UK would have worked after a few wears.  Not sure of the last so I e-mailed End plus Trickers themselves and waiting for reply on last confirmation.

Nice tankers btw.

I just purchased a pair of Cheaney boots from Richard at Shoehealer. Cannot say enough about how nice and helpful he is.

I've only tried on a few Tricker's lasts, but I don't see how this advice to go a full size down converting from US to UK is right. It's always 1/2 size for me, and with the exception of the 4444 last, that's been confirmed by Shoehealer, as well.

pennzi12

Reaction score

Those are the boots, yes.
Received a reply from trickers today.
"The Logger boot made for End was made on 4444 last, 5 fit."
Compared to the other few boots I have seen I could not tell. Thought there was one posted by retrickers on the 4497S last a while back.

I just purchased a pair of Cheaney boots from Richard at Shoehealer. Cannot say enough about how nice and helpful he is.

I've only tried on a few Tricker's lasts, but I don't see how this advice to go a full size down converting from US to UK is right. It's always 1/2 size for me, and with the exception of the 4444 last, that's been confirmed by Shoehealer, as well.

Those Cheaney's are sweet. Picked up a veldt myself recently but still deciding whether to keep them or not. The 1/2 size down works here most times also. Until this weekend when I left a C&J shop with a 10UK and 11UK boot.
censored.gif

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
From superdenim sale. Not bad for about $220 shipped.

silentfox74

Reaction score
Got my Tricker's Austerity Stow from Leather Soul BH (Thanks Bryan!). I will be posting a comparison review with Alden Indy Chromexcel once I break it in. But here is my initial reaction:

Shoe came with Tricker's own brand of shoe wax (smells very similar to Saphir), two shoe bag and instead of using plastic, they used a piece of cloth to separate and pack the shoe.

Leather is not Chromexcel, it is stiff but not as stiff as Red Wings. I do not foresee a long break in time for these though. IMO, quality of leather used is definitely for country/beat them up type.

Tricker's stow last is definitely a better fit than Alden. More wiggle toe room side ways, and up and down. Alden shoe size was 10 D, Tricker's shoe size is 9.5 D.

Last of all, quality control is definitely better than Alden. When I got my Alden, there were still flakes of leather left on the welt. It looked like the sanding part was a bit rush. A bit of glue residue is visible at where the leather meets the heel. Tricker's on the other hand, I looked it over and over for flaws and I just can't seem to find any.

Anyway, Tricker's is my intro to English shoe makers, and I am impressed. Next on the list are: Carmina, Church, Crockett and Jones, Saint Crisipin, John Lobb and Edward Green boots...and just boots.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Great deal indeed Zippyh!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads