Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. seer

seer Senior member

Ravn, or anyone else - can you tell me what these MTO boots cost - and how long the wait is? Thanks

2. ravn

ravn Active Member

It`s been a few months since I placed the order and I`am not sure if the price I got at that time would be the price you have to pay today. I think you should send a e-mail to Richard at The Shoe Healer and ask him to give you an estimate, then you will get the exact numbers in no time, he usually is very quick to reply.

Regarding delivery I think it was approx. 10 weeks, it could be less, it could be more, I wasen`t promissed an exact delivery date.

[email protected]

3. seer

seer Senior member

Thanks

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ravn, beautiful boots. You did a fantastic job in choosing colors and features. With the commando sole, do you plan to wear these in winter conditions - snow and/or rain? If so, have you tried them in those conditions, and how are they?

5. ravn

ravn Active Member

Yes, I`am actually wearing them in snow and rainy conditions this week. Teprature dropt from -18 to +2 in 3 days. Said that, I only use them in the city, but the Commando sole do an ok jobb on the slippery pavments. I can`t compare them with a Dainite sole since this is my first pair of Trickers, but so far I`m pleased with the performance of the Commando.

I read trough this tread before I choose the sole: http://www.styleforum.net/t/214139/dainite-soles-traction-in-winter

I guess I would not know for sure before I have had them for a couple of months. In Oslo it is 4 months of snow (Dec-March) rain in 4 (April and Sept-Nov) and rain/dry for the rest.

I think I will go for a Dainite sole on the next pair (just to get something different [​IMG]), and regarding Barbour welt vs a Storm welt, I leave that to others to coment.

Thanks to the nice coments from all of you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

6. wombus

wombus Well-Known Member

I would also be interested in this, depending on colour.

7. seer

seer Senior member

I had a pair of C&J Chukkas with the Dainite soles - I used them in all manner of weather here in New England, including snow and ice - they worked fine.

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Good to hear. I'm curious to hear about how they hold up. I'm looking for a good winter snow boot (walking around the city, not for sports), and your makeup looks great.

I have several shoes and boots with Dainite. I agree with those who say they are not good in hard snow and ice. I also don't love the way they feel on dry pavement, as they seem a little hard. But they have a less rough profile than commando soles, so look less rustic.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Interesting.
    Some medallion-less Eatons just showed up on Tricker's ebay shop.
    [​IMG]

10. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Question about the 2161 Last and about Tricker's Suede Chukkas, any model

Ok, I'm still fretting about shoes I picked up at STP, Guildford Chukka's. I've decided I could live with a scuff on the toe that the shoes came with, but now the issue is fit.

Any of your experiences would be great:

I'm normally a 8.5-9D US, though for narrower shoes, I go for an E. Tricker's suggests that you size 0.5 down from US to UK, which given discussion on this and other threads, people think is nuts (i.e. go with the usual full size down to convert US to UK).

So, these Guildford's are UK9. A reviewer on the STP site suggested that as a 8.5-9 US, they bought a 9.5 UK and had it fit! I opted for the UK9. They are about a foot long, which is close or the same as many of my US9s.

Here's how they fit: There is probably about an inch extra room in the toe, but my understanding is that this isn't the crucial measure. More crucial is that the widest part of your foot is at the widest part of the shoe, or so I've been told, and that makes more sense. On this, I think the shoes actually fit. They are slightly snug at that point.

I have also read mashing one's feet forward as far as they go to see available space at the heel, and when I do so, I can just about put my index finger in the space, so maybe 1/3 inch. There's room forward but not crazy.

When worn: they aren't snug, except at the widest part of the shoe. They feel perhaps slightly loose. As I said, a little space in toe area, and a little bit of lift in the heel when I walk, but not more than in my normal shoes.

So, they seem to fit, though slightly on the loose side. I'm almost ready to keep them. If they were an 8.5, I'd almost certainly go for it. Such lovely shoes, and was able to get them at a good discount.

Question:

1. People with 2161 last, your thoughts on its fit? On your current shoes, is your fit similar to my description?
    2. People with suede shoes, thoughts on how much they've expanded. I guess the main issue is at the widest point, where I think the fit is just right, very slightly snug.
    3. Anyone with the Guildford and comments on how they've worn?

Thanks all.

11. FOXY

FOXY Member

Xmas this year, Austerity Stow and MTO's for my wife - from Richard/Shoehealer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Austerity Stow's in the snow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Latest addition...

[​IMG]

12. seer

seer Senior member

Nice! The austerity Stows are really growing on me!

13. boomtime

boomtime Well-Known Member

Hey guys just thought I'd pop in and give yall a heads up I'm trying to do a MTO run similar to the LS for denim build[​IMG]

we have decent interest in the MTO order thread so far, but looking for a couple more people to jump on board...Just PM me if your interested and I can pass the info along.

14. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

[​IMG]

Maiden voyage today, maybe I should have kept the dirty buck pair instead, certainly cannot justify keeping both pairs...

15. Joona

Joona Senior member

Not that great pics, but I thought I'd post these anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a bonus pic to demonstrate a bit how the toe shape compares to Tricker's 81 last (they are a SH group MTO longwings if someone is intrested). Longwings are size UK 7 and Monkey's are UK 7.5, yet they are shorter than the longwings.

[​IMG]

They are 9-eyelet monkey boots that was sent directly to Shoe Healer where they resoled them with Ridgeway. As always with Richard / Shoe Healer everything went very smoothly. The quality of the resoling is top notch and I really like how the sole edges turned out (I wasn't sure if I made the right call when I asked for light stain instead of dark). Been searching for these exact monkey's for quite some time and was really excited to finally got a pair. Unfortunately they are surprisingly tight and short at the toe cap.. I don't know if it has something to do with that they are most likely originally made to Japanese market. Will have to take them to a local gobbler to check if they can be stretched enough for me. If someone is interested getting a pair, I'd suggest that you'd just turn to Richard and try to ensure that they really are made in the size that fits you. Richard told that they've already made some 9-eyelet monkey boots for their customers so that should be possible through Shoe Healer.

Colors are not accurate in those pics, at least not in my monitor..

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013