1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I have no problem with the "real" English made Grensons. I've got a couple pairs.
    I just think 375gbp is a bit much for them.

They do look good though.

2. Carson

Carson Senior member

I totally agree about the price! It's exactly what I am looking for, in many ways, but at that price, I might as well spring for shell cordovan...

3. Tricker's Expert!!

Tricker's Expert!! Active Member

Would look nice in Burgundy Burnished I think :)

4. wunnaz

wunnaz Well-Known Member

Grabbed a pair of Bourton, Lollipop Red with Dainite Sole.
    very good price from TANGS, S'pore. 50% off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

All hell is breaking loose. After a run of about 20+ pairs of Aldens through last year, 2 of my last 3 purchases have been non-Alden. The first was a Viberg service boot from Leffot in Dec. This weekend, I finally got my first pair of Trickers: black stows from LeatherSoul. I'm really impressed with the quality. Solidity is the word that comes to mind. I had been warned that the double leather soles would be stiff, but they've already started to give way to a point where my foot feels secure rather than tortured. I'm very much a fan of the light welt; I think this will be a great addition to a brown-heavy stable of casual boots.

My apologies for the crappy iphone pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special thanks to zippyh for talking me through the sizing process and assuring me that Trickers was as solid a puchase as the Aldens I've gotten used to. I'm so hooked that I pulled trigger for aniline green stow boots, which I'm now very eager to see by week's end.

Thank you for everyone's contributions to this thread. Lots of wonderful images and camaraderie. Now to save some dough for a cordovan MTO...

3 people like this.
  6. Carson

Carson Senior member

Ha! You should jump on my cotto cordovan allan MTO that seems in hibernation at the moment. I figure if you're going for green, you should have a cotto pair too...

[​IMG]

7. Carson

Carson Senior member

Zippyh has been very helpful to me as well…seems he's working overtime lately...

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Just trying to help you guys spend your money!

1 person likes this.
  9. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

What can you compare the color of Cotto to?

10. Carson

Carson Senior member

Well, I believe "cotto" means "cooked" in Italian and sometimes used to described fired bricks. I'd call it a rich, darker kind of red. It's not burgundy. It doesn't have any eggplant or purple tones. I've held the pair in the photo in my hands, and it's a very unique color. Sometimes l like a more dramatic color like lollipop red cavalier leather, but this is not like that at all. It can be dressy or also work in more of a country casual setting...

Maybe Richard could come up with a more apt description as he's dealt with them a lot, I'm sure...

Here's a shoe from Bureau Belfast in cotto:

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1246/cotto-cordovan-two-tone-super-shoe

11. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Thank you for the information. I really like that shade. Somewhat similar to my Alden #4.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

I was just thinking Alden color 4--and that I need some sometime. And yes, zippyh is a great guy and a great enabler who doesn't care about my kid or my mortgage. He is basically a representation of my id [​IMG]

13. Carson

Carson Senior member

Hi everyone.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a pair of black scotch grain Grasmere boots, but have not worn the "fitting 6" width before. I normally take an 8.5UK in a 4497 and this doesn't leave me much room in the front and is pretty well fitting with a medium sock. Any experience with the boot and particularly the 6 fitting would be appreciated. Essentially, I am just looking for a tough, black boot with a commando sole, that I don't have to baby, and I like tricker's. Anyone love these boots? Any better ideas?

Cheers,

Sean

14. cheva

cheva Member

got my Trickers Minster on 4444 last. Yep, its realy generous fit. Even with my FX/G fit - i should down 1/2 size... Heel slip. For boots it will be ok, but not for shoes. now thinking sell or put something back of my heel. For boots it will be ok

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  15. Magnakai

Magnakai Member

Surprised you find that cheva - I found the 4444 fit significantly more restrictive than the 4497. What were you comparing it to?

16. cheva

cheva Member

i feel great in 7.5G uk for loake 3625last,
    great in 7.5F uk loake 1639
    great in CJ 7.5F uk 228last
    Barker 8F, 029last(not so good in width)
    Alden Barrie 8E us(alden is magic - if heel slip, in 30 minutes of walknig - no sliping )))))

so 7.5F uk of last 4444 bit bigger for me. width pretty good. maybe little wide - not so critical.
    Problem with heel. may be heel to wide, or last to long for me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  17. prurient

prurient Senior member

Yeah, I wouldn't say restrictive but my Allan Boot in the 4497 is bigger than my Bowood in the 4444. And the Supershoe in the 4444 is even smaller (same length, but lower instep... need a lot of shoehorn work to get into the shoe).

18. 45bur

45bur Senior member

How would you say these lasts compare to the 2298?

19. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

2298 is tts.
    4497 is slightly bigger.
    4444 is lots bigger.

20. 45bur

45bur Senior member

Huh that's contrary to what prurient says above. So one should size down from 2298 to 4444/4497? In general?