• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

mothball

Reaction score

Just got these today.

Full brogue in Teck shell cordovan with red lining on a chanelled leather sole. Quite sleek for Trickers :). Also waiting for a Burford boot in dark brown and they'll join up with Wetherby boots and Keswick shoes.

The other shoe in the last pic is a Church's Grafton to give an idea of relative shapes and in particular the trimness of the welt on the Trickers shoes. The sole has quite a nice bevel too, which you can't really see in the photos.

Sorry the pics aren't great, there's no natural light at the moment.

These are great.

Trickers Eaton vs AS Kelso

Love the Eaton.

The7Ups

Reaction score
Just got these today.

Full brogue in Teck shell cordovan with red lining on a chanelled leather sole. Quite sleek for Trickers
smile.gif
. Also waiting for a Burford boot in dark brown and they'll join up with Wetherby boots and Keswick shoes.

The other shoe in the last pic is a Church's Grafton to give an idea of relative shapes and in particular the trimness of the welt on the Trickers shoes. The sole has quite a nice bevel too, which you can't really see in the photos.

Love the patina on the teak cordovan but also great shot of Grafton. Church's don't seem to get much love on Styleforum but their classic styles like Grafton are some of my favourite shoes. Is that the current Walnut colour?

Regarding the trimness of the welt don't forget that the Grafton comes with a full storm welt so you are not really comparing like with like.

Both are great.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I got the shoes from the Trickers shop on Jermyn St (I'm in the UK).

Regarding Church's, I'm a big fan of their heavy shoes. That Grafton is actually Cordovan (burgundy) in colour made from pull-up leather on a Dainite sole with storm welt which makes it great for wet weather. I have Grafton in black binder on Dainite (again storm welt) which are also great when wet, and (to make it the full set of their "triple sole" collection :slayer:), Shannon and Lancaster in burgundy shell - which are not good for wet weather. They look great when cleaned but the slightest hint of rain makes them very unhappy and they are a swine to get back shining again.

This being the Trickers thread, I'll refrain from pics....

Last edited:

deingesicht

Reaction score
Just got these today.

Full brogue in Teck shell cordovan with red lining on a chanelled leather sole. Quite sleek for Trickers
smile.gif
. Also waiting for a Burford boot in dark brown and they'll join up with Wetherby boots and Keswick shoes.

I'm in love
bigstar[1].gif

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the R.E. Tricker's eBay shop does additional price drops if a pair has been there for a significant period of time or they typically stay at the current listed price point?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone know if the R.E. Tricker's eBay shop does additional price drops if a pair has been there for a significant period of time or they typically stay at the current listed price point?

Not that I've noticed.
They've had what seem like the same pairs of Lambourns with the bright color gore and pulls forever.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not that I've noticed.
They've had what seem like the same pairs of Lambourns with the bright color gore and pulls forever.

That's what I thought. There's a pair of boots I want but the skin has a scar right on the vamp. Would pick it up if it dropped a bit more but not at the current price.

seer

Reaction score
Does anyone have Trickers with Vibram soles? How do you like the look? Do they wear well? I suspect that they would be lighter in weight. Thanks

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox may have added some more Trickers recently. Not a lot of sizes and some ugly style, but these suede monkey boots in 9 UK are nice.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what I thought. There's a pair of boots I want but the skin has a scar right on the vamp. Would pick it up if it dropped a bit more but not at the current price.

They're very responsive to emails. Might not hurt to throw in an inquiry.

They also say that they might have other shoes not shown on ebay, but so far they've never had anything in my size.

Last edited:

ukdan9

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and group. Guess I joined by default after purchasing my first pair of Trickers. Waxy Cuba Stow Boots.

With all the snow and weather these days, I haven't been able to wear them out of the house.

After reading many of the pages on this thread, I don't see too many boots/shoes in Waxy Cuba, they're very nice!

badeggcat

Reaction score

Does anyone have Trickers with Vibram soles? How do you like the look? Do they wear well? I suspect that they would be lighter in weight. Thanks

I have a pair and yes, they are lighter in weight. The vibram used by Tricker's are thicker than those used by other shoemakers though, eg Red Wing.

They're very responsive to emails. Might not hurt to throw in an inquiry.

They also say that they might have other shoes not shown on ebay, but so far they've never had anything in my size.

I've had luck in emailing them and picking up something that wasn't listed on eBay. No harm trying.

seer

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and group. Guess I joined by default after purchasing my first pair of Trickers. Waxy Cuba Stow Boots.

With all the snow and weather these days, I haven't been able to wear them out of the house.

After reading many of the pages on this thread, I don't see too many boots/shoes in Waxy Cuba, they're very nice!

Nice, I was looking at these myself! And why not wear them out in bad weather - that is exactly what they were made for!

seer

Reaction score
I have a pair and yes, they are lighter in weight. The vibram used by Tricker's are thicker than those used by other shoemakers though, eg Red Wing.
Thanks! Do you like the look?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads