Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. seer

seer Senior member

Ok, thanks

2. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Zippyh

If you look at Richards Facebook page you can see details. The original conversation I had with him was for the lower Monkey Boot done in Copper Suede with heavy white stitching, natural Barbour welt and red Dainite sole. Made on the original Monkey Boot last (not 4444 so he advised me same size as my Stow's). He has not done a Monkey Boot for quite a while and as per his Facebook page it will be expanded to include Navy and Dark Green, Lollipop Red. Anyone who wants should contact him - I think it is going to be a killer of a shoe.

Gregg

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Okay, I remember seeing him soliciting comments on monkey boots a while ago.

I was sort of tempted to get in on one of the makeups but I've got a lollipop pair and a gaucho suede on commando pair already. That's probably enough monkey for me. That copper suede sounds good though.

4. joiji

joiji Senior member

Anyone got any advice on which lasts will work with a low instep foot from Trickers?

5. seer

seer Senior member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

6. seer

seer Senior member

From what I understand the 4497 or 2298 would be good. The 4444 might be to full for you.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Zippy's going to give us the definitive answer, but I want to see if I am correct. They are probably STP's, The STP boots have a flat welt, while the real Stows have a storm welt. Also, they look more gold than coffee in color to me, but it could be the photos. I'd ask the seller what the box says.

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

9. seer

seer Senior member

That is what I was thinking. So, if the UK9.5 fits me good on Stows, would these to narrow?

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I bought the STP Not-Stows in the same size as Stows.
    They fit okay but I did think about exchanging them.
    With the Stows I can wear a thick boot sock. With the STP Not-Stows, I can wear dress socks but the boots socks are uncomfortable.

Sign up for the STP mailing list. You can usually get the Not-Stows for low $300 with coupon.
    BTW, it looks like STP is calling them Langstons now.
    A few days ago they were showing a couple more colors as beiing available in March but they seem to have disappeared as of today.

11. seer

seer Senior member

Yeah, they had the Marron color under the Langston (the other day), which had the Dainite soles in the past.. I think I might go with the UK10

12. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

Hi, I'm the guy selling these. They are indeed the STP version, and they are "burnished coffee", that's what the box says. I purchased them about a year or so ago, and they fit me well even with somewhat heavy socks, but I never wore them so I'm moving them out. I'll change the listing - I thought they had a storm welt (my bad).

13. seer

seer Senior member

Hello xander, I'm the one who emailed you on E-Bay. I was going to bid but I'm not sure on the size. I'm usually a 10E, these may not be wide enough.

14. seer

seer Senior member

Do you think if I take a UK9.5 in the Stows I should get a UK10 in the STP boot? Especially if I need to wear a heavier sock?

15. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

I wear a size 10E in Yuketens and these boots fit me, but you seem to know more about Tricker sizing than I do, so I'll accept your decision.:) Better safe than sorry.