• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

seer

Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with them. In the past there were a bunch of people who ordered them expecting Stows on the 4497 last but they're on the slimmer W2298 last.
They look like Stows, but they're not and were dubbed the Not-Stow. I didn't mean to imply there was anything fake about them.
STP seems like they've been restocking them every 6 months or so for a few years. That seems pretty regular for something dubbed a closeout.
There's some question whether they're made special for STP. Lately I've seen a few pairs of seconds on Tricker's ebay shop identical to the STP styles.
Ok, thanks

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Zippyh

If you look at Richards Facebook page you can see details. The original conversation I had with him was for the lower Monkey Boot done in Copper Suede with heavy white stitching, natural Barbour welt and red Dainite sole. Made on the original Monkey Boot last (not 4444 so he advised me same size as my Stow's). He has not done a Monkey Boot for quite a while and as per his Facebook page it will be expanded to include Navy and Dark Green, Lollipop Red. Anyone who wants should contact him - I think it is going to be a killer of a shoe.

Gregg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, I remember seeing him soliciting comments on monkey boots a while ago.

I was sort of tempted to get in on one of the makeups but I've got a lollipop pair and a gaucho suede on commando pair already. That's probably enough monkey for me. That copper suede sounds good though.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any advice on which lasts will work with a low instep foot from Trickers?

seer

Reaction score
Anyone got any advice on which lasts will work with a low instep foot from Trickers?

From what I understand the 4497 or 2298 would be good. The 4444 might be to full for you.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, do these look like Stows or STP boots - thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271138398875?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Zippy's going to give us the definitive answer, but I want to see if I am correct. They are probably STP's, The STP boots have a flat welt, while the real Stows have a storm welt. Also, they look more gold than coffee in color to me, but it could be the photos. I'd ask the seller what the box says.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought the STP Not-Stows in the same size as Stows.
They fit okay but I did think about exchanging them.
With the Stows I can wear a thick boot sock. With the STP Not-Stows, I can wear dress socks but the boots socks are uncomfortable.

Sign up for the STP mailing list. You can usually get the Not-Stows for low $300 with coupon.
BTW, it looks like STP is calling them Langstons now.
A few days ago they were showing a couple more colors as beiing available in March but they seem to have disappeared as of today.

seer

Reaction score
With the Stows I can wear a thick boot sock. With the STP Not-Stows, I can wear dress socks but the boots socks are uncomfortable.

Sign up for the STP mailing list. You can usually get the Not-Stows for low $300 with coupon.
BTW, it looks like STP is calling them Langstons now.
A few days ago they were showing a couple more colors as beiing available in March but they seem to have disappeared as of today.

Yeah, they had the Marron color under the Langston (the other day), which had the Dainite soles in the past.. I think I might go with the UK10

Last edited:

xander_horst

Reaction score

Zippy's going to give us the definitive answer, but I want to see if I am correct. They are probably STP's, The STP boots have a flat welt, while the real Stows have a storm welt. Also, they look more gold than coffee in color to me, but it could be the photos. I'd ask the seller what the box says.

Hi, I'm the guy selling these. They are indeed the STP version, and they are "burnished coffee", that's what the box says. I purchased them about a year or so ago, and they fit me well even with somewhat heavy socks, but I never wore them so I'm moving them out. I'll change the listing - I thought they had a storm welt (my bad).

seer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm the guy selling these. They are indeed the STP version, and they are "burnished coffee", that's what the box says. I purchased them about a year or so ago, and they fit me well even with somewhat heavy socks, but I never wore them so I'm moving them out. I'll change the listing - I thought they had a storm welt (my bad).

Hello xander, I'm the one who emailed you on E-Bay. I was going to bid but I'm not sure on the size. I'm usually a 10E, these may not be wide enough.

seer

Reaction score
Do you think if I take a UK9.5 in the Stows I should get a UK10 in the STP boot? Especially if I need to wear a heavier sock?

xander_horst

Reaction score

Hello xander, I'm the one who emailed you on E-Bay. I was going to bid but I'm not sure on the size. I'm usually a 10E, these may not be wide enough.

I wear a size 10E in Yuketens and these boots fit me, but you seem to know more about Tricker sizing than I do, so I'll accept your decision.:) Better safe than sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads