Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FondDeJante

FondDeJante Active Member

Great stuff, thanks Rob - I didn't see this when I posted earlier....

2. iAmSofaKing

iAmSofaKing Well-Known Member

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

4. seer

seer Senior member

Ok, my review on the first pair of Trickers I have kept – the Burtons in Espresso. I have had them for about a week and had worn them every day. On the first day I broke them in with a three mile walk in snow, dirt roads and some ice. There was literally no break in. These are very rugged shoes, and great looking – I love a “chunky” profile on my footwear – just more manly, IMHO. I used to be enamored with Alden shoes and boots but to be honest I never had a pair of Alden’s that did not hurt my feet – even after weeks of breaking in. The Trickers, even with the harder double leather soles, are a pleasure to wear. I did get the leather sole, to me there is something old school and familiar with leather soles. Besides, after living in New England these 60 years I can safely navigate both snow and ice on leather – though I may go for Dainite soles for the boots I will be buying. All and all they are superior shoes - the leather seems indestructible, thick and perhaps treated - I wonder if they do something special on the Country models. I have owned C&J, Alfred Sargent and Cheaney - personally I'm now a like Trickers fan.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

down-to-earth. worth every penny, IMO. When I touch the leather, I would smile[​IMG]

6. Edmund K

Edmund K Senior member

May I ask you to post some pictures? I have one pair of Burton Espresso Danite shoe sitting in my closet. I wonder if winter is a good time break them in.

7. seer

seer Senior member

Amen! The leather is clearly robust!

Any season is a good time to break in Trickers. Especially the country models - they are made for rough conditions!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. Edmund K

Edmund K Senior member

A good looking shoe. I am pretty impress with the clean perforation on the shoes. Somehow it looks so much sharper and cleaner then Alden's wingtip. Do you agree?

9. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

10000% agree

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wore my langstons for maybe the 3rd time and ended up at a super packed bar, shoes made it out spotless somehow, very sturdy and a lot better compared to how Alden Indy 403s last.

11. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

Can anybody share customer service experiences when dealing with the factory store?

I was looking forward to posting up pics of my new Marron Stows when I arrived home today, but I was sad to discover they are on the wrong (4444) last! I was very specific about the last number (4497s), model number (M2508), and size/fitting when I made the initial order and would not have purchased them if I had known they were on the 4444. My service up until this point was very cordial and helpful, but I don't think I'm entirely out of line in requesting that the initial expensive shipping charge be refunded along with the cost of the boots since they were purchased with wrong information. Does that seem out of line?

I'm not really expecting it to be granted; at this point I just hope that I don't get a massive DHL bill for a pair of boots I had to ship back.

Edit: In regards to the Alden 403s, I will say that my Stows have held up a lot better. My 403s stretched out a ton in three months and no longer fit comfortably; I had to sell them on the cheap. The leather took a serious beating too.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wore my boots that are on the 4497 last for the first time 2 days ago and boy, they feel quite a bit less spacious in the toe box than the 4444 last boots. And this is sizing up .5 for the 4497.

13. engar

engar Senior member

Somebody have experience stretching 4444 last? My Norse zug shoes are pretty tight on the toebox.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ I tried stretching mine using an oversized shoe tree and some rubbing alcohol and it didn't work. Eventually cut the lining out and they now look like shit

15. seer

seer Senior member

Yes completely...