• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

CTBrummie

Reaction score
That's an inspired idea zippyh, his work get high praise on this blog which describes one punters happy experience of getting Shoehealer do a resoling rather than Trickers themselves

http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=70

I can vouch for the staff there, too - Richard's team have worked on a few pairs of my boots and are just starting some work on three pairs of shoes that I sent up there a few days ago.

Nothing but good to say about their work, plus Richard went out of his way to track down some Ridgeway soles for a couple of jobs he did for me.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the stp not stows and I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep them or not.

Has the lack of a storm welt been a problem for anyone? I don't need to walk through a pond, but I'd like to be confidant knowing the can handle the rain.

From the pages of reading I've done, it seems stp's truckers run about 3/4 of a size big, does that sound right?
I.e. I'm and 11, I ordered a 10.5 , they're a bit big but a size 10 would be too small ( I figure with boot socks I'll be better).

Do most of you just wear these with jeans?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of the stp not stows and I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep them or not.
Has the lack of a storm welt been a problem for anyone? I don't need to walk through a pond, but I'd like to be confidant knowing the can handle the rain.
From the pages of reading I've done, it seems stp's truckers run about 3/4 of a size big, does that sound right?
I.e. I'm and 11, I ordered a 10.5 , they're a bit big but a size 10 would be too small ( I figure with boot socks I'll be better).
Do most of you just wear these with jeans?

What's up with sizing man? STP is easy returns, why not order a few and see which one works best. Same thing with the C&J RL pennys go by what fits you, not what the internet tels you

JasonV

Reaction score
Bureau has some of their Tricker's make ups on sale - 25-50% off but random sizes left.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Hummingbird's Hill in Tokyo has some of the wildest Trickers makeups.

Can scroll through them here:
http://hbhs.jugem.jp/?cid=7

mtre

Reaction score
Some new sophnet trickers collab have appeared on end, Surely it's cheaper to do an MTO pair! :)

auggie

Reaction score
That Sophnet price is ridiculous. You could replicate the same boot MTO twice for 995 GBP.

Sunster

Reaction score
Thanks to all those who have contributed with advice and pictures to this thread. As result I've taken the plunge and ordered myself a pair of Stows in espresso from The Bureau. Now the wait

Sunster

Reaction score
My Trickers Stow in espresso arrived today from the Bureau. Sized down a half size from my usual and glad I did. Delighted with this boot. Would have liked it to have a chunkier sole but I can always resolve to a commando sole when the time comes

Steve7

Reaction score
Had an hour at Shoehealer today - not enough!

I could go broke in there, and will be back to collect some resoles and to consider my next purchase...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads