• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank
Anybody know how stow boots fit? Big/small/true? Cheers!

True to size (for the UK); others have said they're generous, but I'd disagree, certainly they're slightly tighter than my Grafters workboot, and about as tight as the slimmer Paul Smith.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kanukki
Aha! These must be yours that I was swooning over then? Well done, sir.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...wick_1925.html

Beautiful. I'll have to give Shoe Healer a call very soon.

Nah. I did black eyelets and double leather sole but that's pretty much it otherwise. Mine must about 20/24 months old now.

And yes Richard
worship2.gif

mikeman

Reaction score
Thinking about taking the plunge and purchasing some trickers. I have a few questions/ requests.

What is the difference between the bourton and the kenswick?

I will mostly be wearing these with jeans, but also with some casual "work pants", which color would be best? I never wear black, so I figure either acorn,marron, or espresso color.

If buying in the US, where is the best online shop?

Lastly, if anyone could post some pictures of you wearing them, it would awesome.

Thanks, and sorry for the novel.

husbands

Reaction score
I have the bourton in antique/acorn

I wear it with jeans a lot, it looks great.

I'd buy from pediwear - they gave me a shoe tree and polish and the price was probably the best you can get online - about 240 pounds

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeman
Thinking about taking the plunge and purchasing some trickers. I have a few questions/ requests.

What is the difference between the bourton and the kenswick?

I will mostly be wearing these with jeans, but also with some casual "work pants", which color would be best? I never wear black, so I figure either acorn,marron, or espresso color.

If buying in the US, where is the best online shop?

Lastly, if anyone could post some pictures of you wearing them, it would awesome.

Thanks, and sorry for the novel.

No differences in between Bourton and Keswick, except the available colors. Bourton is available in Marron Antique, Espresso and Acorn, while Keswick is available in C Shade and Black Gorse (if I'm not mistaken).

Marron Antique is the best color imo, but only because I find Acorn too light to be versatile. C Shade is quite nice too.

I'm pretty sure Pediwear would be your best bet...

Also be aware that if you don't have a massive instep, even on the standard 5 width the lacing will need to be fairly tight, as on the picture below from Tom.

1022102.jpg

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Trickers offer recrafting?

Also, where might in SF will I be able to see these?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Does Trickers offer recrafting?

Also, where might in SF will I be able to see these?

I only know of one place, and they are not officially a carrier. Brooklyn Circus

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to me from me.
Navy Bourtons from Pediwear. It's a Christmas miracle that they made it here. Pediwear messed up my address and according to the tracking they were going to be returned to sender. The amazingly nice folks at my local post office were able to track them down for me today. In fact the Post Office was freakisly quiet today.

navybourtons.jpg

navybourtons3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics