• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

thelonius

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has found that Tricker's sizes have changed over the years. I suppose I should just ask them directly. About 13 years ago I passed by the factory shop in Northampton. I guy was there, very helpful (don't know who it was) who helped me go down from my original Bourton brogue target size 10, to 9.5, and then I eventually bought a 9. A bit tight at first but now extremely comfortable. I learned that for my whole life I'd been buying shoes too big for me. I have just recently bought 2 pairs by Internet (Bourtons and a pair of Morgan double monks), feeling certain a 9 would be fine. They're both about half a size too big. I can't imagine I'm going to start 8.5's in the future! Of course, depending on the model, Trickers do come up large.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has found that Tricker's sizes have changed over the years. I suppose I should just ask them directly. About 13 years ago I passed by the factory shop in Northampton. I guy was there, very helpful (don't know who it was) who helped me go down from my original Bourton brogue target size 10, to 9.5, and then I eventually bought a 9. A bit tight at first but now extremely comfortable. I learned that for my whole life I'd been buying shoes too big for me. I have just recently bought 2 pairs by Internet (Bourtons and a pair of Morgan double monks), feeling certain a 9 would be fine. They're both about half a size too big. I can't imagine I'm going to start 8.5's in the future! Of course, depending on the model, Trickers do come up large.
Have you noticed you’ve shrunk five inches? 😂😂

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
AFPOS stow
IMG_7545.jpeg

thelonius

Reaction score
Have you noticed you’ve shrunk five inches? 😂😂
Ha ha, but despite yourself you raise an important point, of course the body changes with time. But feet generally require larger shoe sizes with age, not smaller, due to foot flattening (arch dropping).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seems there’s always been some variation from pair to pair depending upon unknown factors. Like one pair feels a slightly loose or tight. But not as much as a half size difference.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe how much the suede itself has changed. Appears to have gone from brown to grey.
Ah that would be usage case specific I think. I used mine outdoors a lot so tons of European summer sun and it also went got wet quite a bit. I should try to brush it and maybe condition it to darken it a bit and see what the result is.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

These wrinkles are normal on my Stows, the wrinkles look like veins, the boots are new.
If you paid full retail send them back. Saying that just about every pair of Tricker's I've received has had some form of imperfection. Their QC is pretty terrible, especially when you consider the prices. I guess it depends on what you're prepared to tolerate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.8%

Forum statistics

Threads