• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
Here is my latest MTO's, they aren't for everyone, but I love them!
smile.gif

Trickers Stow Boot - Two tone Blue Aniline Calf with Dark Grey Calf Quarters, white eyelets, bright blue pull tab, and red lining. Natural welt and double leather soul with "topy" (sorry to those who hate them but they keep me from falling on my butt). Looking at putting on some round white laces to finish them off in the near future.

Congrats on your new boots.
I really like that blue calf but the grey and the white eyelets doesn't do it for me. But that doesn't really matter to you, so enjoy.

How long did the MTO process take?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the blue and grey together, looks great. Not a huge fan of the white eyelets myself, but they are unique. Cool boots regardless, congrats.

phantomx48

Reaction score
MTO took exactly 8 weeks, and US customs held them for another 1.5 weeks , which is definitely not normal (they must have thought my boots were coming from Yemen or something).

BTW. . .on a side note Richard at the Shoe Healer in UK was the person who took care of my MTO and I cannot say enough good things about him! He made the MTO process extremely easy, and when customs dropped the ball he (and his staff) was right on it and got my boots to me even though the people at DHL swore they could not clear customs and were being sent back.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a pair of grey suede plain toe boots with white welt stitching and a wedge sole, gotta get on that.

Whats the cost like phantom?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ master of the conditional and subjunctive moods

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What?

Will respond to your PM soon homie, tomorrow AM

phantomx48

Reaction score
Can't disclose the price I paid for it, but I can say that it was an extremely reasonable premium over the price of a regular Stow boot. 100% worth it to get something that is one of a kind!

lorcar

Reaction score
Gents,

do you know if you can buy each Trickers model with either Dainite or Commando sole? Or should one just buy what he finds? is there one type of sole more common?
thanks in advance

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
What?

Will respond to your PM soon homie, tomorrow AM

haha i forgot i even asked bout those where's my response you banana bender !?

kanukki

Reaction score
A couple questions on Trickers:

Am I right in assuming the Bourton, Keswick, and Ilkley are all actually the same pattern, with the names just being used to describe different colourways, leather types and sole styles?

If going MTO, is the waxy/waxed 'MC' calf a bit more durable/water resistant than the box calf? I'd like a good all-weather shoe, but maybe not as gritty looking as the zug or scotch pebbled leather.

Cheers in advance!

bbhewee

Reaction score
They are all indeed on the same last for the run of the mill ones... That being said, I've seen some on different lasts for stores SMUs.
And I do feel my black MC Bourtons hold together better than my standard Marron Antique ones. Don't have anything in Scotch Grain so wouldn't be able to comment. Be aware that MC doesn't take a shine at all and remains quite dull. Works well with black imho, but I don't know about other colors.

kanukki

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
They are all indeed on the same last for the run of the mill ones... That being said, I've seen some on different lasts for stores SMUs.
And I do feel my black MC Bourtons hold together better than my standard Marron Antique ones. Don't have anything in Scotch Grain so wouldn't be able to comment. Be aware that MC doesn't take a shine at all and remains quite dull. Works well with black imho, but I don't know about other colors.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply bbhewee. Yep, I'm thinking of going matt black similar to these Rakuten make-ups (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/eton/1366221/), but with brass eyelets (as Leather Soul's) and a commando sole for our six months of winter.
smile.gif
Should be a nice casual shoe.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kanukki
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply bbhewee. Yep, I'm thinking of going matt black similar to these Rakuten make-ups (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/eton/1366221/), but with brass eyelets (as Leather Soul's) and a commando sole for our six months of winter.
smile.gif
Should be a nice casual shoe.

Yup. I did pretty much these, but with a red lining. I'd probably do a Dainite sole in hindsight, but still really happy with them.
Enjoy them, they're my favorite casual black brogues (I still have trouble with all black shoes in a casual setting for some reason, even all black sneakers).

kanukki

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Yup. I did pretty much these, but with a red lining. I'd probably do a Dainite sole in hindsight, but still really happy with them.
Enjoy them, they're my favorite casual black brogues (I still have trouble with all black shoes in a casual setting for some reason, even all black sneakers).

Aha! These must be yours that I was swooning over then? Well done, sir.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...wick_1925.html

Beautiful. I'll have to give Shoe Healer a call very soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads