• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

hmh

Reaction score
Sorry if this advice is contradictory but if you wear 9.5 on the w2298 last and if it is snug I would not size down to 9 for the 4497.
I wear the same size for both the 2298 and the 4497. The 2298 is snug around the toes but I find the 4497 has more room in that area.
But as ever in this debate the shape of your foot as well as the length and width can influence what is comfortable for you personally.

Thanks! I think I really need to try them before buying or order from a place where I can return them easily if they don't fit.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I have various pairs of Tricker's boots and shoes. They look beautiful and a hobby might be sitting and looking at them for at least 3 hours. But...it has to be said that I couldn't really call any of them really comfortable. I wonder how widespread this non-really well fitting phenomenon is.
I wouldn't call them uncomfortable, but I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable either. Mine either have commando or dainite soles though so maybe some of the less traditional sole options may improve this. I find my C&J boots more comfortable than Tricker's though...

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Roy in (faded) navy cordovan
IMG_8743.jpeg

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there — just snatched those up

Anybody familiar with this model? Is a brogue double monk acceptable or am I pushing it too far? Is the leather good? Read somewhere the leather in these are not as good but it looks good from the picture!

Hi there good folks,

Have had the shoes for about a month now. I think I should have ordered a size 8 rather than an 8.5 (which is perfect in my stow boots). They’re growing on me but indeed they are unusual shoes. Some minor heel slippage, do the creases give away they might be too big? What do you guys think?
IMG_9001.jpeg
IMG_8999.jpeg
image.jpg

shoefan57

Reaction score
Hi there good folks,

Have had the shoes for about a month now. I think I should have ordered a size 8 rather than an 8.5 (which is perfect in my stow boots). They’re growing on me but indeed they are unusual shoes. Some minor heel slippage, do the creases give away they might be too big? What do you guys think? View attachment 2117013 View attachment 2117015 View attachment 2117017
Could be due to the last shape rather than size, giving more volume than your feet need but impossible to be certain without being there to check.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have various pairs of Tricker's boots and shoes. They look beautiful and a hobby might be sitting and looking at them for at least 3 hours. But...it has to be said that I couldn't really call any of them really comfortable. I wonder how widespread this non-really well fitting phenomenon is.
I wouldn't call them uncomfortable, but I wouldn't exactly call the comfortable either. Mine either have commando or dainite soles though so maybe some of the less traditional sole options may improve this. I find my C&J boots more comfortable than Tricker's though...

This. I’ve mentioned this a few times on this forum already. For me it has something to do with the heel cup and the way my feet strike when walking. That said, the pairs I have on Vibram Commando Lite are very comfortable as are the ones on Vibram soft soles and so I may swap out the soles on the Dainite pairs I have.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What Last are they on?
the navy shell "roy" boot gmto last: 4537 soft square city last color: dark navy shell cordovan (Comipel Italian shell)
welt: 360 storm welt outsole: brown dainite eyelets: dark brown metal lining: Navy Blue pulltab: Navy Blue Price: £412.50 shipped ($635)! with only £100 down Delivery: 12-16 weeks (so before new year) trickers roy boot on 4537 last
inspired by these makeups carmina 973 navy rain last
cj northcote 348 last
comparison of 4537 to cj 348 Tricker's, Regent oxford, last 4537; CJ, Lowndess monk, last 348; G.J. Cleverley RTW faux lizzard U throat, last CLEV?

Metrosey

Reaction score
Evening all,

May I please ask if anyone has had an inner heel relining done on their Trickers in the past? If not, would you reline it? I’ve got a Stow boot with torn lining at the heel, and had another one recently lined due to the same problem, but the recently lined one has become more uncomfortable to the point of a blister (it’s had a suede insert glued and stitched). This wasn’t done by Trickers, but it makes me more worried about the second pair that needs it done.

Just wanted to know your experience, and if it’s simply better to leave it.

Sole Boy

Reaction score
Evening all,

May I please ask if anyone has had an inner heel relining done on their Trickers in the past? If not, would you reline it? I’ve got a Stow boot with torn lining at the heel, and had another one recently lined due to the same problem, but the recently lined one has become more uncomfortable to the point of a blister (it’s had a suede insert glued and stitched). This wasn’t done by Trickers, but it makes me more worried about the second pair that needs it done.

Just wanted to know your experience, and if it’s simply better to leave it.
Waiting for this repair to be completed by Tricker's on my Woodstocks. Will update this thread once returned.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinnyDinny