• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Fenners81

Reaction score
AFPOS sale is active now. Can't decide on the Polo Kudu Stows (already have the Eatons), Deerskin Bernwood, or maybe try the Nubuck Stows. 🤔
Decisions decisions. Some nice discounts relatively speaking, but I refuse to part with ÂŁ400 for a pair of boots. I like the kudu too but when standard calf models can be had for half the price I just can't justify it.

shoefan57

Reaction score
The gorgeous Bourton in Acorn best with jeans methinks

IMG_1952.jpeg

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Decisions decisions. Some nice discounts relatively speaking, but I refuse to part with ÂŁ400 for a pair of boots. I like the kudu too but when standard calf models can be had for half the price I just can't justify it.
Good point. And on this matter i am appreciative of Cheaney's pricing strategy. That their kudu leather models are priced less compared to their calf leather models. To me thats fair.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I've just bought some black stows. Given that I already have espresso stows and black Burfords was this feels like an unnecessary purchase. I have literally just bought them so can still cancel. Any views appreciated.

lurker33

Reaction score
I've just bought some black stows. Given that I already have espresso stows and black Burfords was this feels like an unnecessary purchase. I have literally just bought them so can still cancel. Any views appreciated.
I have a pair of black stows and it has a total of 2 wears i think, i just don't like wearing black a lot i guess. At least they were very cheap.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I have a pair of black stows and it has a total of 2 wears i think, i just don't like wearing black a lot i guess. At least they were very cheap.
Cheap for Tricker's... I think you might be right though - not sure I need 2 pairs of black boots. I can't turn down the bargains, it's a sickness of sorts.

Pandidas

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just looking at the Factory shop and came across these soles. Has anyone had experience with them? Just wondering how they wear (durability/comfort) and whether they can be resoled?

Thanks
DSC02156.jpg

Fenners81

Reaction score
I'm not very observant and just noticed that my Grenson and C&J boots have very strong leather pull tabs whereas all of my Tricker's boots have cloth tabs. I've not had any issues with them but they're clearly inferior. Has anyone ever found this to be a weak point with prolonged use?

Fenners81

Reaction score
AFPOS selling Polo Kudu Stows for ÂŁ300. Now it's getting very tempting...

I'd pull the trigger if they were on Ridgeway.

shoefan57

Reaction score
I'm not very observant and just noticed that my Grenson and C&J boots have very strong leather pull tabs whereas all of my Tricker's boots have cloth tabs. I've not had any issues with them but they're clearly inferior. Has anyone ever found this to be a weak point with prolonged use?
Leather pull tabs aren’t necessarily stronger. One snapped on a pair of Edward Green boots. The fabric ones seem very strong IME so I think you’ll be fine with the boots

Areni-1

Reaction score
To be honest I rarely use pull tabs. Even on Chelsea boots like my RM Williams. I wouldn’t worry about it. Plus my leather Crockett and Jones ones feel far more delicate (but look far more stylish).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleasmithss