• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

GenericUser

Reaction score
I'm an AE 8E in 65 last and own Trickers Bourtons in 7 size.
They are quite roomy, with plenty of space in the toe and heel.
Usually I wear them with an additional half insole.
When purchasing, I tried size 6.5 and it turned out to be too small: the shoes were short, my big toe was pressing against the toe, and they were narrow, squeezing my little toe tightly.
As for the question of whether they can be used as dress shoes, I would say no, they cannot.
They are very casual, with a wide storm welt and in my opinion, they don't go well with a suit.
Hi all,

There's a pair of Trickers Bourton Brogued Derby shoes in espresso for sale for CAD$500. Is that a decent deal?

Secondly, are these shoes versatile enough to be used as dress shoes with a suit or dress pants, as well as casually? Or are they too chunky/thick?

Lastly, in terms of sizing, I'm an AE 9E in 65 last. Size 42 for Paraboot. Is UK size 8 what I should be getting for Trickers?

Thanks!

maebach

Reaction score
I'm an AE 8E in 65 last and own Trickers Bourtons in 7 size.
They are quite roomy, with plenty of space in the toe and heel.
Usually I wear them with an additional half insole.
When purchasing, I tried size 6.5 and it turned out to be too small: the shoes were short, my big toe was pressing against the toe, and they were narrow, squeezing my little toe tightly.
As for the question of whether they can be used as dress shoes, I would say no, they cannot.
They are very casual, with a wide storm welt and in my opinion, they don't go well with a suit.
This is super helpful, thank you!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Do you find the laces are too short on yours? I always have a hard time doing mine up. And is that the peanut colour? Mine look similar but I like your lighter laces.
Yes on the nine and (DR specific) 10 hole boots the laces are woefully short. I’ve swapped most of them but otherwise you’ve to miss the top two or three out.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Yes on the nine and (DR specific) 10 hole boots the laces are woefully short. I’ve swapped most of them but otherwise you’ve to miss the top two or three out.
Thanks for confirming. DR gave me some leather laces the other day that I was thinking of putting on my monkey boots.

Braid

Reaction score
Hi all,

There's a pair of Trickers Bourton Brogued Derby shoes in espresso for sale for CAD$500. Is that a decent deal?

Secondly, are these shoes versatile enough to be used as dress shoes with a suit or dress pants, as well as casually? Or are they too chunky/thick?

Lastly, in terms of sizing, I'm an AE 9E in 65 last. Size 42 for Paraboot. Is UK size 8 what I should be getting for Trickers?

Thanks!

Bourton are country shoes. The chunky last, large broguing, stormwelt etc.. make them very casual and I would not wear them with a suit.

ggbg

Reaction score
Hello, apologies if this question have been asked before.
Bought a pair of Trickers Aldo 11UK on W2298 last, fit was ok, but felt short on the toes length wise. Would 11UK 4497S give the little more length I've needed in W2298 or they are exactly the same in length?

P.S. Shame on you Trickers for not making 11.5 and want to charge me for it MTO price..

shoefan57

Reaction score
Hello, apologies if this question have been asked before.
Bought a pair of Trickers Aldo 11UK on W2298 last, fit was ok, but felt short on the toes length wise. Would 11UK 4497S give the little more length I've needed in W2298 or they are exactly the same in length?

P.S. Shame on you Trickers for not making 11.5 and want to charge me for it MTO price..
I agree with the shame on Trickers for not making 11.5. Yes the 2298 is shorter than the 4497s last at least on the foot.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Natty cxl Ethan’s
IMG_0248.jpeg

maebach

Reaction score
Got my first pair of Trickers and the right show has spots that are significantly lighter than the espresso colour it's supposed to be. Is their quality control known to be bad? It's very obvious

maebach

Reaction score
Are they from the outlet? Pictures would be useful.
No, from a large Canadian department store.

You can see on the upper/vamp

I find it slightly humourous because there's a card with a signature of someone at Trickers saying "Quality Assured" lol

Attachments

• IMG-3217.jpg
    IMG-3217.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-3218.jpg
    IMG-3218.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 198

shoefan57

Reaction score
I’d apply some Saphir shoe cream in brown to them.
I agree with this advice.

I think that the colour variation could be caused by sunlight if they were on display. You might also take the view that it adds interest and a finish that some people pay money for:)

However returning to serious advice , you want the boots you thought you were getting and the use of Saphir Espresso cream should do that for you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viji