• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors. Juan and his wife Margarita founded Capra Leather in 2015; the first project was a hand-stitched laptop sleeve, and since then they’ve added hand-stitching to every piece they design. Capra employs full grain leather that’s locally sourced, and their pieces are lined in suede.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Erikdayo

Reaction score
How does the instep room and gap between the quarters compare between their usual monkey boot last and a typical 4497 Stow? I have a feeling that based on what you've told me before I would likely want to go up a 1/2 size from my 4497 size for this last. But not sure if that would make the boots unwearable for me without inserts.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
How does the instep room and gap between the quarters compare between their usual monkey boot last and a typical 4497 Stow? I have a feeling that based on what you've told me before I would likely want to go up a 1/2 size from my 4497 size for this last. But not sure if that would make the boots unwearable for me without inserts.
I just up half a size when buying a monkey, but will have to wait and see about the results. Won’t be able to collect the damn things for a few months.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can go tts as discussed or half up, prefer half up to be honest.

BSTM

Reaction score
I think somebody else mentioned that they were sick of getting repeated emails from Tricker's about the sale and I too have had enough and unsubscribed. A couple of weeks back I did email Tricker's suggesting they introduce a low volume mailing option, but didn't get any answer. I'm sure business is tough, but they really do need to get their marketing act together and stop just pumping out repeated emails.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
I think somebody else mentioned that they were sick of getting repeated emails from Tricker's about the sale and I too have had enough and unsubscribed. A couple of weeks back I did email Tricker's suggesting they introduce a low volume mailing option, but didn't get any answer. I'm sure business is tough, but they really do need to get their marketing act together and stop just pumping out repeated emails.
That and brown boots. Too many of both… BROATH?

FondDeJante

Reaction score
It's just not classy is it, and doesn't give the impression of a company selling a desirable product. Tricker's really need to get on top of this, as the frequent sale emails and continued dumping of stock in TKMaxx doesn't fit with prices that have increased to higher levels than C&J.

BSTM

Reaction score
It's just not classy is it, and doesn't give the impression of a company selling a desirable product. Tricker's really need to get on top of this, as the frequent sale emails and continued dumping of stock in TKMaxx doesn't fit with prices that have increased to higher levels than C&J.
For myself I’m not so fussed about Tricker’s offloading poorly selling stock at TKMaxx or elsewhere - some other expensive brands do the same thing and sometimes we get bargains etc. But sensible and thoughtful customer service and marketing will help any brand make the best of their lot. The one thing that Tricker’s do really well is rapidly ship out orders - and I say bravo to that + their returns policy. But email marketing is certainly not a strength.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ISSScholar