• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

SadikP

Reaction score
Are they physically larger? In my experience kudu tends to be very soft and stretchy and does not fit me as well because of those characteristics. I end up having the quarters fully closed but my foot still not locked in place.
This is exactly how it is for me. My feet do not feel as locked in on the Kudu. I can feel my feet move in the shoe & a small amount of heel slip, had to add some heel pads to the back.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So very very wet today.
76FED91A-13DE-42E7-89EC-E3C88DA5756B.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marron Stows.
20220530_111446.jpg
20220530_111432.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a trickers BST type thing? I have a pair of trickers I'm trying to sell or trade. I ended up getting a half size too small and tried to make it work but just finally gave up. I have em posted on ebay, but figured I'd ask here since I preferably would like to trade for a bourton in size 10.5UK.

brcly_massive

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of sizing loafers in the W2298 last? I’m liking the look of the Olivvia James.

So far I’ve only got boots on the 4497S last and was wondering whether I should size down?
Thanks!

Angel91

Reaction score
Hey guys! I had a sizing problem a while ago that I didn’t understand: I got a pair of Eaton in kudu leather, size 6, and I thought I had found the perfect boot. No break in. Some months later I found a pair of used stows in black leather, but they were so small I couldn’t even put my feet inside… I thought the previous owner had done something weird, I couldn’t explain why. Last week, in the outlet, I got a pair of ox reversed suede stows, size 6. Lovely material, great boots, but again, I don’t have the same sensation I got with my first pair. They feel a bit tight, specially in the toe box, they squeeze a bit, but I don’t know how tight is too tight… what would you do? Trickers told me it could happen since they’re handmade and so on. You think they’ll stretch enough? Should I get send them back and stop thinking about it?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys! I had a sizing problem a while ago that I didn’t understand: I got a pair of Eaton in kudu leather, size 6, and I thought I had found the perfect boot. No break in. Some months later I found a pair of used stows in black leather, but they were so small I couldn’t even put my feet inside… I thought the previous owner had done something weird, I couldn’t explain why. Last week, in the outlet, I got a pair of ox reversed suede stows, size 6. Lovely material, great boots, but again, I don’t have the same sensation I got with my first pair. They feel a bit tight, specially in the toe box, they squeeze a bit, but I don’t know how tight is too tight… what would you do? Trickers told me it could happen since they’re handmade and so on. You think they’ll stretch enough? Should I get send them back and stop thinking about it?

Are you sure the Eatons you have are on the same last (4497) as the Stows? Eatons are sometimes made on 4444 which runs 1/2 size larger than the 4497. If you peel back the sock liner at the heel, they mark the last and size there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads