• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Angel91

Reaction score
Hello! I’m eyeing a pair of bourton in kudu peanut with vibram gumlite sold from an old season that I’ve found very discounted in a shop nearby , but I cannot find much info about them or photos of similar models. Is vibram only used in lightweight? What is the difference?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which soles do people think work best with deer skin leather shoes and boots?
I have the Olivia deer skin stows on the vibram softy sole and love them dearly. It’s like wearing absolutely nothing. Very comfy in warmer temps as well. I think a few Trickers die hards on here have that leather on heavier dainite as well. My own calculation was that with such a flexible upper I wanted a lightweight sole to go along.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I’m eyeing a pair of bourton in kudu peanut with vibram gumlite sold from an old season that I’ve found very discounted in a shop nearby , but I cannot find much info about them or photos of similar models. Is vibram only used in lightweight? What is the difference?
Basically except a sneaker like shoe with awesome leather. I have a pair of peanut kudu chukkas on the same soles and there is nothing dainty about it, despite the reduction in weight. They’ve in fact become my favourite pair because I got them at a superb discount as well. Since then, I’ve used them at the beach, on forest walks and in the city and they are superb across all surfaces. Not the grippiest for ice mind especially as the sole wears down but frankly at those temps a chukka is not my choice of footwear anyway.

DF9BE31B-330F-40B0-AFE4-50DD73B811B1.jpeg
223B3BAA-C28B-4F43-B65E-DA9167F5A293.jpeg
60EEA39D-F318-4CA2-BB7E-4BB6B5955472.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Which soles do people think work best with deer skin leather shoes and boots?
The upper leather isn’t really of much consequence I think. I like shell cordovan on leather soles but have it on Dainite and Ridgeway too. With the deerskin it’s may have only came on Dainite and no mid soles. I have the black Burford still so can check it. As I said it’s only my opinion but that combination doesn’t work for me as I find it hard slogging.

Angel91

Reaction score
Thanks! Which one do you guys think is more “wearable”? Both vibram in orange. One in peanut kudu, the other just says “grey suede”

Attachments

• 712DAFD5-6CE6-41BC-BB93-69546215BEC7.jpeg
    712DAFD5-6CE6-41BC-BB93-69546215BEC7.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 3A099EEF-B05E-4E6C-BF80-5B3077C6880F.jpeg
    3A099EEF-B05E-4E6C-BF80-5B3077C6880F.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Which one do you guys think is more “wearable”? Both vibram in orange. One in peanut kudu, the other just says “grey suede”
Second one for me I guess. The colours play nicely off each other. What say the people? :p

Angel91

Reaction score
I’m also considering these ones that apparently are marrone muflone, more classic style, the price on all of them is similar. The thing is I have a pair of bourtons in espresso, so I’m not sure wether to get something similar but in other colour, like these, or something different like the previous ones. Thanks for your advice!

Attachments

• 9C3D0486-FE49-4F6F-A13B-763A058AC4C9.jpeg
    9C3D0486-FE49-4F6F-A13B-763A058AC4C9.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 53

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’m also considering these ones that apparently are marrone muflone, more classic style, the price on all of them is similar. The thing is I have a pair of bourtons in espresso, so I’m not sure wether to get something similar but in other colour, like these, or something different like the previous ones. Thanks for your advice!
The last one is the mufflone on a single leather sole. The first kudu on the red sole will be fairly comfortable and the latter grey one I’m thinking those two made for Italy so probably on sale at a Euro stockist. I’d go kudu and be a decent light summer shoe..

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Anyone had a go at trickers MTO recently? I am up for a pair of shell Henry’s if they’d do it?
I have. They took forever and made them to the wrong width. Luckily it was okay. They are also quite uncooperative . They just won’t do some things. I used shoehealer who are excellent but I would never use Trickers direct. To be honest I think their customer service is poor. I doubt I’d use them again shame really but compared to the experience I had with an American maker recently I just think they are not interested in customers

moktabe

Reaction score
Anyone had a go at trickers MTO recently? I am up for a pair of shell Henry’s if they’d do it?

I spoke to Trickers 2 weeks ago regarding having a pair of Woodstock made in the burgundy leather.

The same burgundy leather they make their Robert shoes in so, in effect, it's one of their standard leathers.

Informed that yes they could do it however, they wanted an extortionate fee of an additional £150 plus VAT for doing so. I don't mind paying but draw the line at being ripped off.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I spoke to Trickers 2 weeks ago regarding having a pair of Woodstock made in the burgundy leather.

The same burgundy leather they make their Robert shoes in so, in effect, it's one of their standard leathers.

Informed that yes they could do it however, they wanted an extortionate fee of an additional £150 plus VAT for doing so. I don't mind paying but draw the line at being ripped off.

That is not high for a MTO fee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads