• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

noverbeck

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommended insert to use for arch support and to alleviate a little intermittent heel pain? I wear a 6 UK in all Trickers shoes and boots. I have tried the Saphir leather insoles with carbon bottoms (size 39 EUR) but they are much too short and narrow in my Stow and Grassmere boots. Given the width of the 5 and 6 fitting Tricker's shoes I doubt sizing up would fill the space. Has anyone tried the Saphir anatomic ones that look wider? https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/insoles/products/saphir-anatomic-leather-insoles?variant=1073119953

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommended insert to use for arch support and to alleviate a little intermittent heel pain? I wear a 6 UK in all Trickers shoes and boots. I have tried the Saphir leather insoles with carbon bottoms (size 39 EUR) but they are much too short and narrow in my Stow and Grassmere boots. Given the width of the 5 and 6 fitting Tricker's shoes I doubt sizing up would fill the space. Has anyone tried the Saphir anatomic ones that look wider? https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/insoles/products/saphir-anatomic-leather-insoles?variant=1073119953
There are some larger inserts that are trimmable, if you have one to use as a template that fits well in the first place.

I have not had very good luck with inserts for this purpose, as they tend to not fit well and have padding in weird places, or so say my feet anyway. However, where I have had good success is simply borrowing the stock inserts from my running shoes (Asics, Hoka, Brooks, etc) and using them in my boots. For my next attempt at inserts - which would be for a little arch support, as I have fairly high arches - I may just order some replacement inserts for my running shoes. I suspect you will get a million opinions on this, so you just got mine!! Good luck.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Nothing says skateboarding like clunky heavy GYW shoes... I wouldn't wear either, but I don't find them too offensive.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they dont sell and they end up in a sale how easy is it to dye suede ?

BSTM

Reaction score
That second one ain’t all that bad. I would imagine myself wearing if I felt very brave??
You are right - brave and a special occasion. Not really every day. Wonder what the last is?

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members