• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I also enjoy watching division road's tricker offerings, I quite enjoy this make up from belfast 'Trickers horsehide'. I have seen anyone else talking about this make up, its sold out in my size and full retail is a bit too costly for me to afford.
I asked them to get horsehide for two years so I’ll not be partaking in that offering..

SumDude

Reaction score
Looks like some other nice make ups there. Wish they had used a different sole option on some.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I used the Saphir teinture and then Saphir pommadier in dark brown as suggested,.........

View attachment 1716394
I know many here would consider it sacrilegious but I'm also not a big fan of the natural welt, all personal choice of course, (in my case I find them a little too flashy)...needless to say nice job. ?
Now I'm tempted to grab these guys. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know many here would consider it sacrilegious but I'm also not a big fan of the natural welt, all personal choice of course, (in my case I find them a little too flashy)...needless to say nice job. ?
Now I'm tempted to grab these guys. :rolleyes:
Thanks,yes the boots look good and its an easy enough job to sort the soles out.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Bad photos and lighting. Will try to get some on foot pictures soon enough.

my only complaint is the color 8 dublin pair came with 2 pairs of brown laces rather than 1 brown and 1 tan. Contacted DR to see if they have any extras. Very happy regardless.

I have no idea why these 9 eyelet boots don't come with longer laces. Luckily with my skinny low volume feet and ankles they work just fine, but I can see why there are complaints.

6A1981BE-0043-48B3-8B6C-9C7C87E8B65E.jpeg FF6B4329-71B8-492E-B542-470384DF8C4A.jpeg

Last edited:

BSTM

Reaction score
While I also enjoy watching division road's tricker offerings, I quite enjoy this make up from belfast 'Trickers horsehide'. I have seen anyone else talking about this make up, its sold out in my size and full retail is a bit too costly for me to afford.
I noticed the different leathers as well, and the Horween Heavy Horse looks fabulous. But it's unfortunate that many of the Bureau makeups seem to specify white stitching, and that really doesn't work for me at all. A shame.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
I’ve never been a plain toe guy, but this color 8 dublin makeup completely changes my mind. Can’t wait to see how these age.

These are also either unstructured or have a softer toe stiffener than any boots I’ve owned previously. perhaps it’s just a softer stiffener as DR previously told me these were not unstructured.

87CB8E3D-3785-44EF-9375-1F431ED86BB3.jpeg 86B8C6DB-7F38-422A-9A82-8BAB3DCD67F6.jpeg 46F0D4AD-1EEC-403C-87A9-A335E9098682.jpeg

BSTM

Reaction score
I’ve never been a plain toe guy, but this color 8 dublin makeup completely changes my mind. Can’t wait to see how these age.

These are also either unstructured or have a softer toe stiffener than any boots I’ve owned previously. perhaps it’s just a softer stiffener as DR previously told me these were not unstructured.

View attachment 1716938 View attachment 1716939 View attachment 1716940
Fabulous colour and leather. I have the DR Natural Dublin Roberts and would unhesitatingly get Color 8 Dublin Tramping Boots if they were available in my size.

Small aside... Tricker's now do a version of the Natural DR Roberts but the leather is Horween Derby rather than Dublin - they look similar but does anybody have practical experience of the two leathers and their differences? I'm thinking ahead - it strikes me that Tricker's may themselves do something in Color 8 at some point... but in Derby rather then DR's Dublin.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
This Unicorn leather is interesting. I thought the Horween Dublin pair was already nice and easy to break in compared to my calf boots, but the CF Stead Unicorn leather could not feel more soft. Certainly makes pinky toe space a non issue on the 2298 last where as I feel it a bit more on the color 8 CXL Bourton.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score

View attachment 1716938 View attachment 1716939 View attachment 1716940
Think a little leather toe puff which should hopefully collapse. Have the same one and love it. The variation in colour is awesome.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
For anyone whose interested, there are some Stows in marron on the Outlet site in UK size 8. Quite unusual to see these on the Outlet.

I saw those and was tempted at first, and that is my size. Was close to making the purchase, but then I was not so enthusiastic about that makeup with the darker, matching welt and the similarly matching sole. Was too much marron I guess for my taste. But overall some nice models showing up lately on the outlet.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
Also quite unusual...Black Grassmere in Scotch Grain. 7 1/2 and 10 only though.
One of my favorite "stock" Tricker's.;)
View attachment 1717438
How is that scotch grain? Compared to any C&J or other Brit makers that you might own?

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members