• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
..and the eyelets, 5 blind eyelets vs 4 open....also I'm hoping the 2298 with the narrower last will have less heel slip than my Bourton which I sized down on, I will find out soon enough.
I am going to be interested in what you find with the Durham fit.
Maybe you could do a couple of comparison pictures with the Bourton and Durham ?

princealbert

Reaction score
..and the eyelets, 5 blind eyelets vs 4 open....also I'm hoping the 2298 with the narrower last will have less heel slip than my Bourton which I sized down on, I will find out soon enough.

this is exactly why I was hoping to pick up a pair of Durhams. Based on my experience with the 2298 last I think you find a noticeable improvement on the Bourtons. I really struggle to get a good fit with shoes on the 4444 last (boots are generally ok though).

rob80bboots

Reaction score
With the Durhams on the way got inspired to give my other Kudu Polo a spin..the Stows ?
15253BE7-99B2-48A7-B5DF-F19A5ED2B3F2.jpeg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Can I expect just a bit more width in the toe box in the 4497 relative to the 2298? The latter just puts a bit too much pressure on my pinkie toes due to the taper, and probably is not the right last for me.

CZZ300

Reaction score
Guys - looking for a little bit of different advice this time around. I am new to the boot game and still figuring out how best to wear my Stows. So- I have hemmed my jeans to try and get that "boots with fitted tapered jeans" look which I like. I'm now a little unsure about whether the jeans are now looking too short/over hemmed (possibly because I'm not used to hemming them this short, and this is my first time for this look).

Posting a couple of pics, and would like your views on whether the length looks good or too short (especially from fellow members who also like and wear tapered jeans+boots this same way).
View attachment 1707971 View attachment 1707972 View attachment 1707973

Thanks in advance!
I think they look just perfect. IMO turned up is probably more suitable for workboots and more rugged styles.

basu13

Reaction score
I think they look just perfect. IMO turned up is probably more suitable for workboots and more rugged styles.

Thanks - I am not too inclined to cuff my trousers/ jeans since I prefer the clean uncuffed look. Hence, the hemmed length becomes especially significant for me. Bit of a fine line to discover the correct length, between too long and too short!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
He. Its just mad value when you consider what Vibergs sell for.... Yeesh....

Funny thing though on most "fashion" sites Tricker's is quite often the most affordable item except for jeans and shirts.:rolleyes:

..always amazes me what folks will pay for a name....most of the sneakers cost more than a pair of Tricker's at full pop. lol

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny thing though on most "fashion" sites Tricker's is quite often the most affordable item except for jeans and shirts.:rolleyes:

..always amazes me what folks will pay for a name....most of the sneakers cost more than a pair of Tricker's at full pop. lol
Good lord some of those sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads