• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these 30 year old Tricker's Veldtschoen boots on Monday... Quickly tried on one of them as I had to leave for work and dropped them of at the cobbler's so no other pics... I do, however, get them back tomorrow... So be patient!.. :embar:

a4ff9540.jpg

ef319cb6.jpg

druffs

Reaction score
Hello there

I have just joined this Forum, but have been checking in recently as a 'lurker' to gather all the great information as I looked to buy my first pair of Trickers.

Anyway, they arrived today - these beautiful Stow boots in Lollipop red...

Could you please advise me what cream/polishes to buy to treat these with.

I intend to wear them a lot, especially initially, to get them worn in. What's their resistance to a bit of rain and bad weather? I feel that I have spent this money on a shoe built to last and they should be able to take a bit of 'rough' weather and handle good use. Would you recommend a commando sole to be fitted and how much would I be looking at for this?

Thanks in advance...

damnit, now you got my fiending for some MTO trickers :(

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hello there I have just joined this Forum, but have been checking in recently as a 'lurker' to gather all the great information as I looked to buy my first pair of Trickers. Anyway, they arrived today - these beautiful Stow boots in Lollipop red...
Could you please advise me what cream/polishes to buy to treat these with. I intend to wear them a lot, especially initially, to get them worn in. What's their resistance to a bit of rain and bad weather? I feel that I have spent this money on a shoe built to last and they should be able to take a bit of 'rough' weather and handle good use. Would you recommend a commando sole to be fitted and how much would I be looking at for this? Thanks in advance...
damnit, now you got my fiending for some MTO trickers :(
The Bureau still has the Bourton version in a few sizes. That lolipop cavalier is one of my favorite leathers. I don't do anything to it but hit it with some Saphir reno once in a while.
lollibourton.jpg
lolistow.jpg
redmonkey2.jpg

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did the Red/Black Longwing MTO ever pan out?

dave

Reaction score

Did the Red/Black Longwing MTO ever pan out?

if it does, i may be in for that depending on options. love my black scotch grain longwings but would want something maybe a little more rounded. dunno though. been after a pair of red shoes for a while but havent been able to make up my mind on an MTO for myself.

starclubyeah

Reaction score

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok - back from the cobbler's. Sunnovabitch did a great job imo:

7a00f5eb.jpg

a786abfe.jpg

50656e3e-1.jpg

Real colour is more like this, though:

acd0f2ce-1.jpg

ducky

Reaction score
Found another shop who does collaborations with Tricker's : Reads Footwear

Just won the auction for its 1001 burnished Bourton with flat welt/waxed leather sole

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Found another shop who does collaborations with Tricker's : Reads Footwear

Just won the auction for its 1001 burnished Bourton with flat welt/waxed leather sole

Nice find.
I just bought the brown two tone Bowoods.

mothball

Reaction score
New Marron Burtons.

My apologies if this has been answered, but what polish should I use with this color? Thanks!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

New Marron Burtons.

My apologies if this has been answered, but what polish should I use with this color? Thanks!

Didn't they come with a tin of cognac Trickers branded Saphir polish?
I seem to recall that's what came with mine.
I used some burgundy polish on my marron Stows since I wanted to enhance the redness.

Last edited:

milw50717

Reaction score
Of Grasmere and laces.

The original brown laces are in need of replacing, so I dipped into the shoe box and brought out some possibilities.

Leather and gold/tan workboot laces

graslace1.jpg

Original laces and Red Wing waxed laces

graslace2.jpg

I quite like this look

graslace3.jpg

But will likely go with the leather that should look better once the laces have a bit of dirt and wear on them

graslace4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads