• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Muflone Bourtons
Those look fantastic. Are those the marron or acorn? How do you like them? Do they fit looser than standard leather bourtons? I like them but Tricker's shoes are already pretty wide on me so I'd be concerned about the muflone if they fit looser.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those look fantastic. Are those the marron or acorn? How do you like them? Do they fit looser than standard leather bourtons? I like them but Tricker's shoes are already pretty wide on me so I'd be concerned about the muflone if they fit looser.
They’re the marron ones but honestly they’re closer to acorn color. The leather is softer but otherwise fit like most all Bourtons. The 4444 last is pretty wide. I think with softness of the leather they have the potential to stretch out.

dangerous

Reaction score
20210818_185710.jpg

On the train in my absolute favourite pair all categories - Crafty kudus.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Yes, they're an old G(roup)MTO made by Crafty. Eaton with medallion on 4497S.. They're made in sign kudu.
Speaking of...a few variations on a theme. ;)
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 9.47.11 AM.png

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't even know how this happens. Somehow I got on the Tickers site and see Sign kudu Stows are available in my size and on sale. <click>, <click>, <click> and suddenly I've got a new pair of boots coming. I already have a pair of Alden's I've only worn twice (I don't wear boots in summer) and a new pair of White's I haven't even worn yet. On top of the boots/shoes already in my rotation I don't wear often enough. I need another closet

jszair

Reaction score
I don't even know how this happens. Somehow I got on the Tickers site and see Sign kudu Stows are available in my size and on sale. <click>, <click>, <click> and suddenly I've got a new pair of boots coming. I already have a pair of Alden's I've only worn twice (I don't wear boots in summer) and a new pair of White's I haven't even worn yet. On top of the boots/shoes already in my rotation I don't wear often enough. I need another closet

Shoot. I actually preferred sign kudu stow over caramel but it wasn't in stock several weeks ago so I pulled the trigger on caramel...now it's almost fully stocked for sign but none for caramel

basu13

Reaction score
Lovely colour. Park in Bangalore?

Yup, lots of those in the city where one can head for a nice morning walk! Got a few curious looks from the joggers in their trainers, but what the hell. The Stows are way classier than any Nike ?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, lots of those in the city where one can head for a nice morning walk! Got a few curious looks from the joggers in their trainers, but what the hell. The Stows are way classier than any Nike ?
Gorgeous pair. With hindsight perhaps I should have checked for something like this, versus the Cafe colourway. I expect the aging process will be more visible here but hey, no regret. All lovely boots. I need to bust out the Sign Kudu one day soon.

basu13

Reaction score
Gorgeous pair. With hindsight perhaps I should have checked for something like this, versus the Cafe colourway. I expect the aging process will be more visible here but hey, no regret. All lovely boots. I need to bust out the Sign Kudu one day soon.

Thank you! Frankly I knew nothing about the various colorways till I joined this thread. All I saw were the acorn Stows on YouTube videos and kept salivating over them - but the MRP of 500 GBP was way beyond my purse strings. One random day just happened to see these at 40 percent off on Pediwear and went for broke.

My favourite colour is still the burgundy (your sign Kudus, for instance) and the various ones in cordovan, but these chestnuts are not half bad. The cafe's are pretty sweet as well! :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics