• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

C D Moorby

Reaction score
For those interested I've just updated this article at the bottom regarding Comipel Cordovan vs Horween Cordovan, including some comparison pictures between my Tricker's Mogano Brown Cordovan and Alden's Color #8. http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=1488

Hope this is useful for anyone thinking about investing in a pair.

mothball

Reaction score

For those interested I've just updated this article at the bottom regarding Comipel Cordovan vs Horween Cordovan, including some comparison pictures between my Tricker's Mogano Brown Cordovan and Alden's Color #8. http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=1488

Hope this is useful for anyone thinking about investing in a pair. 

Thank you for this! Very informative.

ATone333

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of Stow or Bourton in Acorn that have been worn for a year or so, i would like to see how they age?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone have pictures of Stow or Bourton in Acorn that have been worn for a year or so, i would like to see how they age?

see below
Inspired by MSAINT, many Stows.
L to R: Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow
lotsastows.jpg

And cheers to the Shoe Healer.
shoehealer.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Light grey Stows were from Leather Soul.

andrewmorley26

Reaction score
hey was wondering if you could help me out.... i got these trickers golf shoes and was wondering if you knew anything about them or what kind of value they hold..???? thanks

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hey was wondering if you could help me out.... i got these trickers golf shoes and was wondering if you knew anything about them or what kind of value they hold..???? thanks 

hey you look like you know a thing or two about trickers check these out.....

i dont know what value these cost but they look awesome!

Last edited:

CTBrummie

Reaction score
They're relatively old; you only see bellows tongues on older Tricker's shoes and boots. Nowadays, they only seem to be found on veldtschoen footwear, and Tricker's stopped making veldts over a decade ago...those aren't veldtschoen, however.

Tricker's themselves will be able to identify the shoes if you drop them a line with details of any internal markings found inside the shoes.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not true about the bellows tongue. I have a few pairs of Stows and Bourtons with bellows tongues purchased within the past year.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
My bad, I'd been told that Tricker's had discontinued it because some people found it uncomfortable to wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads