• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

leparrain7

Reaction score
I still managed to nab a pair of Stows on the Simple vente, it's not really the color I wanted at the start, I would have preferred a C-Shade or a Chestnut, I hesitated between Brown and Acron and I finally took Brown for fear of getting bored of Acron.
this is my first pair on the last 4497S, which I find narrow compared to the 4444 and even the W2298, it fits me like an 8.5 uk and I'm surprised the runners are really thin compared to the Bourton and Axton.
A379E4C5-D379-4339-813E-85A9BCB97CF7.jpeg
07BF5164-F5BC-4072-8DEB-2460DA36411F.jpeg

Last edited:

Trim Man

Reaction score
I picked up the Acorn Bourtons from the outlet store sample sale. There's some scuffing on the edge of the right shoe, as pictured in the first photo, but otherwise they look to be immaculate. These are my first pair of Tricker's and I'd say it's not a bad introduction for £140. I have a pair of Visone Suede Bourtons on the way as well, so I'm already headed down the rabbit hole...
PXL_20210517_185256127.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210517_190011377.PORTRAIT.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I picked up the Acorn Bourtons from the outlet store sample sale. There's some scuffing on the edge of the right shoe, as pictured in the first photo, but otherwise they look to be immaculate. These are my first pair of Tricker's and I'd say it's not a bad introduction for £140. I have a pair of Visone Suede Bourtons on the way as well, so I'm already headed down the rabbit hole...
View attachment 1611282 View attachment 1611283
Down we go....
Great catch. Crazy value. I got a stow last time for like £180!

LippyLee

Reaction score
slightly off topic but I know a few on here have some of Grenson’s higher end offerings and was wondering how they’re finding them?

@Crafty Cumbrian I seem to remember you had some suede monkey boots?

The reason is because I just saw someone wearing some of the veldt shoes in snuff suede and they looked brilliant.

Rare that I spot anyone wearing decent footwear in the wild but these looked like just my thing!
I love the Grenson Triple welts generally, although they seem a bit marmite, love or hate. Unfortunately they do seem to be moving firmly toward bookbinder offerings.

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
The Visone Bourtons came in today. I'm hooked! Btw, does anyone have any recommendations for a care routine or weather treatment for this suede? I've not had shoes like these before. View attachment 1611819 View attachment 1611821
beautiful - in my view don't spray them unless you want the light coloured suede to darken considerably. I have a pair of Visones in a light grey/ brown that darkened up a lot after spraying. Not the end of the world but up to you. Trickers doesn't recommend spraying also.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads