• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still haven't decided on my Deerskin Sheene, while the boots IMHO look quite kick [email protected]$% I find the leather, while very soft, a bit too pliable and supple and possibly a slight mismatch on a heavy robust sole. Even though the leather is touted as being rather strong the current thinner soles, as seen on these current Burford, may indeed be a better match for weight distribution.
View attachment 1588372
The Stow I have are the lighter sole without mid. Was channelling you today on a nice one hour walk and my feet were pounding at the end. Memo to self, longer walks, comfier soles.

CZZ300

Reaction score
Had these too, but worn much too less to keep those beauties. A more dressy appearance than to wear with selvedge and leather jacket. Would be nice to see how it is developing.
Still have my Stow in militaire bookbinder.
Tricker's maintains its bookbinder is not corrected leather. I asked them about care and was told the occasional wax polish would keep the boots in good condition. Cream was not mentioned.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
The Stow I have are the lighter sole without mid. Was channelling you today on a nice one hour walk and my feet were pounding at the end. Memo to self, longer walks, comfier soles.
All relative of course...sort of like Bicycle saddles. : )
And yes you must have been channeling...been using, non padded (well maybe slightly), racing seats for over 50 years. :blush:
PDM Concorde.png

OT...for the curious few...my vintage "notorious PDM team look alike" Concorde...that I've been riding since the 80s.
PMD 3.png

...and the man himself, Sean Kelly...showing how it's done, with toe clips non the less...wonder if he wears Tricker's. :cool2:
Sean Kelly PDM.png

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And yes you must have been channeling...been using, non padded (well maybe slightly), racing seats for over 50 years. :blush:
View attachment 1588797

OT...for the curious few...my vintage "notorious PDM team look alike" Concorde...that I've been riding since the 80s.
View attachment 1588808

...and the man himself, Sean Kelly...showing how it's done, with toe clips non the less...wonder if he wears Tricker's. :cool2:
View attachment 1588800
Literally “on the rivet “ with that saddle! He’s the man, not sure if you get cycling coverage with him as the commentator but he’s dry yet inciteful.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 1588797

View attachment 1588808

View attachment 1588800
The most painful saddle experience I’ve ever had was breaking in a new Brooks B17. It has now molded to my ass and is supremely comfortable.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like saddle..like shoe. :)
I used to cycle race in my misspent youth. I had all the Campagnolo gear and a modified Brook's which had huge copper rivets, trimmed sides, softened leather and so on. I remember popping the saddle, covered with some sort of oil, in the oven for a few minutes, as was de rigueur at the time. If I had a pair of brown Bourton's, I might do the same with those. Does anyone else have experience of baking shoes? I expect everyone does it.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I received a tin of Brooks saddle dressing with the saddle. I’ve never used it. I adjusted the tension once but otherwise just let natural ass forces do their thing. That poor saddle.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to cycle race in my misspent youth. I had all the Campagnolo gear and a modified Brook's which had huge copper rivets, trimmed sides, softened leather and so on. I remember popping the saddle, covered with some sort of oil, in the oven for a few minutes, as was de rigueur at the time. If I had a pair of brown Bourton's, I might do the same with those. Does anyone else have experience of baking shoes? I expect everyone does it.
I’ve seen instructions for applying sno seal to boots say to use an oven.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 68 33.5%