Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

how do you like your Orange boots?

2. mmmbbb

mmmbbb New Member

Hi,

I have been reading the forum irregularily for quite a while, but the current discussion about a Hermann in cordovan has prompted me to join. I have actually already taken the liberty to email Richard to express my interest in it.

Regarding the specifications above, I hope that, being new, I won't rub anybody the wrong way by making the following remarks:

- Would I be the only one to maybe prefer the 4444 last? I wonder if its less rounded toe (compared to the 4497) would not be more elegant.
    - The particular boot this MTO would be based on has no pull tab, but considering the Hemann has nice eyelets, I wonder if they would not be useful.
    - Finally, I agree with others that black calf does not sound like the most exciting option for the lining.

Price is fine, but, well, the lower the better...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  3. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Since we are doing a cap toe (which I think is a more formal detail), I think lining could be fun, like paisley ( I have seen them but they are not on the official website..?) or green.

Also, 700 was the tops I was going to pay, lower the better but I'm def in for 700.

I prefer 4497 (more fitted, right?)

edit: yes pull tab would be very nice

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. formz

formz Active Member

In a cap toe, we may want to take Richards advice and choose the 4497. He chose that and I pasted it into the forum. I think with a 4444 it may appear too wide and a little "clown shoe" looking. mmmbbb is that alright? I will email richard right now and see about the lining options.

5. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Orange cordovans. They were a Christmas present from my wife. I've worn them 3 or 4 times. The Alden longwings were purchased at about the same time and have about the same number of wearings. The comipel isn't really showing much of the telltale cordovan wavey creasing. It's very soft and smooth feeling. The Aldens are already on their way to the wavey creasing we all know and love about cordovan. The Horween is thicker and tougher feeling. There's the hint of those little water blisters and there has been a bit of that white stuff blooming that I've wiped off. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Welcome to SF. 1. I prefer the 4497 but 4444 isn't a deal killer for me. 2. Agree that pull tabs and eyelets would be nice but also not a deal killer. 3. I vote bottle green for the lining but once again, black is not a deal killer.

7. mmmbbb

mmmbbb New Member

I certainly am not opposed to the 4497 last and it is probably wise to defer to Richard's advice.

8. formz

formz Active Member

From Richard:

The colours available for Linings are; Red, Black, Natural, Dark Green, Dark Brown, Navy Blue, Electric Blue, and possibly limited time only, Orange.

Red is probably the most popular choice.

I also forgot one detail Matt.
    Binding, fitted to the edges of the Facings?
    I might suggest Black to run with the commando Sole in Black. There are no Red Options for Binding, only Tan, Brown White, Navy Black etc.

Thoughts??

9. mmmbbb

mmmbbb New Member

Reading zippyh's reply to my post, I noticed an unfortunate typo: it should read "nine eyelets" and not "nice eyelets".

Regarding lining, I like zippyh's suggestion of green, but I am open to others.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Can we go with contrasting lining pretty please? :p Electric blue or Dark green would stand out (of course will be the pleasure for only the owners)

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

12. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

It would be hard to pick just one.

14. formz

formz Active Member

Dark green is A-OK with me!

15. jfoonly

jfoonly Well-Known Member

I had PM'd interest to formz, here are my thoughts:

last - I like 4497 (4444 could be OK if it works with the cap as a post mentioned it might not)
    lining - contrast is nice as long as it doesn't *clash*; black could be OK too
    full eyelets yes, blind or not
    pull tab - either way
    binding - sounds like black is best?