• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brexit should have no particular bearing on the Asian markets but unfortunately the indiscriminate price hike has dampened the purchasing sentiment here too. As an aside, the HK/PRC website of Tricker's is now operational and the prices match their UK levels (with VAT).
Yeah it has overall killed things for me. My last order was incidentally a Cheaney which arrived on the 28th.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stow kind of day

D864B291-2BBF-4A53-8082-046FF4EE5AB7.jpeg

CZZ300

Reaction score
Yeah it has overall killed things for me. My last order was incidentally a Cheaney which arrived on the 28th.
If Trickers hears us I wonder if there's anything it can do to reverse the situation. However much I like Trickers I am looking to buy from other brands too.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Trickers hears us I wonder if there's anything it can do to reverse the situation. However much I like Trickers I am looking to buy from other brands too.
I doubt it. They are unlikely to be able to cover the costs of doing business post Brexit without raising prices.

Thank the people who voted for it not knowing or caring about the effect it would have on industry, especially importing and exporting.

CZZ300

Reaction score
Breaking in this pair of brown suede Robert which I bought second handed but new from a used goods platform. They are half a size smaller than my usual size but at HKD800 or just over USD100, and practically brand new, I just could not resist. They are definitely a bit small for me but not insufferable.
1F50EFDC-05B8-4708-AFB5-141B06547D23.jpeg

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaking in this pair of brown suede Robert which I bought second handed but new from a used goods platform. They are half a size smaller than my usual size but at HKD800 or just over USD100, and practically brand new, I just could not resist. They are definitely a bit small for me but not insufferable.
View attachment 1550739
Nice shoes, CZ. You could have them stretched. I have had this done in the past and I have come across examples of where bespoke shoes have had to be stretched a bit. A good cobbler will be able to do this and will probably charge next to nothing. He may suggest doing it in two or more stages. Just a thought...

CZZ300

Reaction score
Nice shoes, CZ. You could have them stretched. I have had this done in the past and I have come across examples of where bespoke shoes have had to be stretched a bit. A good cobbler will be able to do this and will probably charge next to nothing. He may suggest doing it in two or more stages. Just a thought...
Thanks Munky for the suggestion. I have worn them for a few hours on and off and i think they have given a little. I have survived Red Wing break-ins (actually they did not seem very hard to me) so I will be ok with these. We have all kinds of luxury in Hong Kong ( provided one can afford it) but believe it or not a good cobbler is hard to find.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can buy a shoe stretcher yourself. Great for easing shoes that are giving a little pain, or are just that bit too snug.

CZZ300

Reaction score
You can buy a shoe stretcher yourself. Great for easing shoes that are giving a little pain, or are just that bit too snug.
I have put oversized shoe trees in them which may serve as a stretcher too.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Hey Guys.....curious if anyone's had an Itshide BritGrip Sole on their Tricker's.

While I have the Brit Grip on 2 other pairs of Cheaney's, a Barnes III Chelsea and Ascot Derby shoe, I haven't really used them under icy conditions.
A new pair of Cheaney Ingleborough Hiking boots showed up last week and with the wind chill hovering below -10 I've been wearing them daily on my morning walks.

So far on icy sidewalks IMHO they're way more secure than the Dainte, which become treacherous and even my Commando outfitted boots, the Vibram V-Lite are pretty good, maybe even better, but aesthetically don't offer the same profile.

Brit Grip rubber sole.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads