Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

If you go through this thread, you'll notice that most size down 1 full size from their US size to their UK Tricker's size, both in the 4497 and 4444 lasts. Imo, this is due to the fact that they wear them tighter and/or with thinner socks than they're intended to. Fwiw, Tricker's considers only .5 difference between US/UK sizes. Richard (Shoehealer) has confirmed this. With that in mind, the 4444 is said to be .5 large, so you'd size down 1 full size US/UK in that last.

I'm also a 9D on the Brannock, 8.5D Barrie, 9D Plaza, 8.5D RW GTs... I initially went with the overwhelming majority and tried a UK8 on the 4497, but it was just too short. While it's quite roomy in the toebox, the 4497 isn't a particularly long last. So I decided to go with the UK8.5 instead; it obviously has a lot of volume, but is an amazing fit with some Dr. Scholls gel insoles. I've also worn them without insoles, with the laces cinched up tight; my ankles are locked firmly in place and I get plenty of wiggle room up front, so it's not a bad fit that way either. Ymmv.

2. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

As for me, I'm a US 7 - E/M Red Wing (877, 8125, 2983, 214 the 214 has a larger last though), Alden ("Indy"), Thorogood and Chippewa and a perfect 6.5 - 5 in the 4497 last (8 Tricker's)
    The Tricker's in 4444 last - ft 5 I have is a bit too large for me and has to be worn with super thick socks (same as my Grenson 6.5 - G Fred) which is fine in winter...

The RW 877, 8125 & family in sz 7 - ft E/M and the Tricker's 4497 - ft 5 in sz 6.5 are an absolute perfect fit for my feet! :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

3. Angeland

Angeland Active Member

I myself wear a 13D in US sizings and wear the 4497 in size 12, fitting 5 very well--a full size down. It is wider, indeed, than most US 13Ds although not as long.

The same with the 4444.

That said, an important feature of the 4497, to me, is the lower instep. The 4444 has almost a Budapest style height to it, but the 4497 is considerably lower. I can't wear Stows for this reason. Because there is heavy construction where the tongue is attached to the vamp (not a problem on the Winston, also built on this last), I experience a pinching that no amount of wear seems to remedy.

Going up to a 12.5 or 13 would make the shoe far too big in every other way.

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Inspired by MSAINT, many Stows.
    L to R: Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow
    [​IMG]

And cheers to the Shoe Healer.
    [​IMG]

5. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

Nice, Jeremy Lin of the boot game!

6. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Perfect taste Zippyh!

7. phorm

phorm Well-Known Member

Thought I'd share some pics of my new Eaton in coffee from Richard at shoehealer. They are awesome and supremely comfortable. Although I believe they are made on the same last as the Stows, they are much more shapely at the toe. The stows look like clown shoes next to these, although they fit very much the same. The last pic tries to show the difference in shape at the toe box. Maybe it's subtle, but it's noticeable to me. The toes on the stows seems much more bulbous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Can't make this statement after only 5 games, bro.

phorm: shoes look great! Now I wish my Coffee Eatons would get in sooner than later.

9. ducky

ducky Senior member

I don't think Richard ever placed an order of Eaton made on the 4497 last (the Stow one).
    If you ordered the same size in both fits, you should feel more room around the vamp. The Eaton should be also a bit larger.

10. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

wj4, LOL yeah i know but an impressive boot collection.

11. phorm

phorm Well-Known Member

Totally possible. Doesn't feel that different to me from my Stow. Is the 4444 sleeker in the toe than the 4497? When I look at my Eatons, they seem much "pointier" than my Stows (haha, of course that's all relative).

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Zippy's shoe collection is worth over $50,000. You should see all of them!

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'd say 100k.

14. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

We've just been STOWed

15. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Stunning premium quality pictures Phorm, thank you for sharing!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012