1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

Anyone know where to get replacement laces or something really close to original laces for some Trickers maltons in c-shade. I read earlier in the post to contact richard but I am looking for something that wont have to cost so much to ship and I can order through a US site or store.

2. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

It would cost a couple or three quid to post them from the UK, no?

3. phorm

phorm Well-Known Member

I think you focused on the wrong part of his sentence. Richard is thinking about specifically requesting that the medallion be placed further back, while continuing to use the Number 12.

4. ATone333

ATone333 New Member

Try looking at drmartens.com they have allot of sizes and styles. And free shipping with no min. order.

5. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

I forgot how much it cost to post from UK but was hoping for some US alternative.

6. Shoehealer

Shoehealer Well-Known Member

Why don't you drop me an email at info@shoehealer.co.uk remind me which Laces you would like for your Tricker's and the delivery address ? I'll pop a pair in the post with my compliments ;-)

Richard.

7. Shoehealer

I have actually had a discussion with the factory on the Toe Die being part lost behind the Welt. I did think for a while that they may be using the same size Pattern for at least two to three Half sizes, but I was assured definitely not. Maybe we should start a Vote. 12 Toe Die or 'G' Toe Die ?? :)

8. Shoehealer

I am not sure to be honest Guys, which I prefer. Take a Vote ?

9. Jescha

Jescha Active Member

I prefer the current placement of the medallion. Moving further back makes the shoes look too "busy".
    However, I do like to see the tip of the wing be a bit longer like the Church's Grafton on the Shoe Healer's Website:

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/product_details.asp?product_idx=2245&imgstate=2

[​IMG]

10. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Keep using the 12, I'd like to keep my brogue boots a little more unique!

Yeah, and they've captured an entirely different market to the other surviving shoe-makers who still manufacture in England. I asked about getting some C&J MTO recently and the price was pretty extreme. Still tempted, though...

Whilst I really appreciate some of the MTO combinations, my own preference is for the more traditional Tricker's models, especially the older ones where their ongoing longevity is a big draw for me. These are the pair that I mentioned earlier, a standard navvy boot model which look to have been made on a similar last to the 'Skipton' veldt boots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with the other 'vintage' models:

[​IMG]

11. mothball

mothball Senior member

Forgive me, guys, as a couple of these pictures are not of Tricker's, but I came home to three boxes from The Shoe Healer today.

Bourtons in gray suede

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alfred Sargent Holburn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alfred Sargent Doncaster

[​IMG]

As always, Richard and Michelle were a delight. I wasn't familiar with Tricker's suede, but it feels great.

12. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Any love for these around here? Found them yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haven't cleaned them up yet... Most of this should come off, they've barely been worn.
    [​IMG]
    Anyone know the age based on that embroidery pattern? Can't seem to find it online.

13. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Great choices all around. Can you comment at all on the quality of the new AS ranges? It looks top notch.

14. mothball

mothball Senior member

The Holburn feels to me very similar to an non-shell Alden in construction. It feels very solid and well-put together. The Doncaster looked like it had a very stiff leather in pictures, but it's probably the softest boot I've felt. Definitely the most comfortable boot out of the box I've had; I'm curious to see how it ages. I'm really impressed with both.

15. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

What color are those Alfred Sargent Holburn? Really nice!

16. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

Is the Doncaster the same as the one under Alfred Sargent exclusive/limited editions with Shoehealer? I dont see the name Doncaster on the website but I am assuming it is almost the same model. I have been looking at that model for months and my size is in stock.

17. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

CTBrummie,

Those are vintage Tricker's, not MTO using vintage last? Look real solid, no-nonsense. I like them.

18. mothball

mothball Senior member

Thanks! They're black waxy calf. Here--https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Alfred_Sargent/Exclusive_Collection/Alfred_Sargent_Holburn_2383.html

I think that's the model that replaced the Doncaster. I would pull the trigger--the scotch grain is really nice.

19. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Yeah, they're vintage Tricker's and I agree, they look the dog's bollocks. Will look great with a well-worn pair of jeans...

The leather on all those vintage models in that last pic is very solid, and the zug grain on the veldt boots is fantastic - Richard asked Tricker's if they could shed any light on the age of the veldts (which seem to be on the same or similar last as the navvy boots and have the same sock liner) but all they could suggest that they are 'possibly over 25 years old'. The leather on the 'new' boots looks similar to the marron antique currently in use.

Not sure if you can see from the photo, but there are two addresses given on the sock liner: the usual Jermyn Street one and one for Old Jewry, which is in the City of London. I had a quick look but there doesn't seem to be any information around on Tricker's at this location. Might contact them direct to see if they can shed any further light on the matter...

20. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Suede bourtons 50 off at mywardrobe