• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So the 4497s and w2298 are the same size but different shape? I ask because Division Road seems to keep switching their designs on multiple lasts.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think , that if i go with Stows , the same size as Bourtons , that would be a mistake ? Thank you.
To my surprise, the bourton is a snug fit compared to the stow; the bourton fits like a shoe and the stow fits how a country boot should fit. If you get the stows the same size as your bourtons, then it’ll be more of a closer fitting boot, if that makes sense? If your feet are narrow or not wide-ish, you should be fine. My forefoot is on the wide-ish so I appreciate the extra wiggle room. I’d doubt you’d be able to wear thick socks comfortably, but with thin socks you should be fine.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Interesting. So the 4497s and w2298 are the same size but different shape? I ask because Division Road seems to keep switching their designs on multiple lasts.
Yes. The 2298 is slightly slimmer (I can get away with TTS) which is why Division Rd go for it to appear a sleeker country boots or shoe vibe. Maybe more appropriate for their target audience too. They do go 4497s on things they want to appear chunky, usually on commando soles. The collections they do are brilliant, I’d have every one..

I have three of the current lineup already.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. The 2298 is slightly slimmer (I can get away with TTS) which is why Division Rd go for it to appear a sleeker country boots or shoe vibe. Maybe more appropriate for their target audience too. They do go 4497s on things they want to appear chunky, usually on commando soles. The collections they do are brilliant, I’d have every one..

I have three of the current lineup already.

I think I am broke already, thank you. :p I came to this forum to ask one question and have ended up with three new pairs of shoes already. FML. :p

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I am broke already, thank you. :p I came to this forum to ask one question and have ended up with three new pairs of shoes already. FML. :p
Btw, my initial comment was based on the typical last the bourtons and stows are usually lasted in. So disregard my comment if they’re not in their typical last.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
No sleeping allowed at sale time! I thought would be midnight... but at twenty past so I did think wasn’t going to happen. New Bourton en route...
........a pair of Bourton could be a runner up, thought the pair in Black Zug grain might have satisfied a somber mood but remembering to size down on the 4444 and my size is gone again.. : ( .......maybe a Daniel in Black Box Calf on a Commando sole. : )
....so the sale started 20 past midnight????? ....so was just after dinner (tea) time here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
........a pair of Bourton could be a runner up, thought the pair in Black Zug grain might have satisfied a somber mood but remembering to size down on the 4444 and my size is gone again.. : ( .......maybe a Daniel in Black Box Calf on a Commando sole. : )
....so the sale started 20 past midnight????? ....so was just after dinner (tea) time here.
Yes, was waiting and nearly fell asleep! Wanted the Muflone and nearly bought anyway as I’ve had a pair on leather but gave away.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
I was after the Muflone Bourton as well but the last 9.5 went earlier in the week.

I did manage to get the Grassmere in tan softee on a commando sole which I thought I'd missed out on but my size back in stock after the last sale.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I did manage to get the Grassmere in tan softee on a commando sole which I thought I'd missed out on but my size back in stock after the last sale.

Grassmere still on my bucket list...not too sure where and if Tan fits into my preferences. :rolleyes: ....can't seem to find any shots out in the wild.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grassmere still on my bucket list...not too sure where and if Tan fits into my preferences. :rolleyes: ....can't seem to find any shots out in the wild.
I don't get the whole Grassmere thing. Everytime I check they say size 6, but can I assume that I can buy my usual size and they will just be a bit wider?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
It’s for folks with buckets for feet...

?

I’ve seen contrary advice. Some say TTS and others half down. I’ve not got any 6.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads