• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Phoenician

Reaction score
I guess I’ll answer first. I’ve only four pair of Trickers, and they’re all boots. For me, I just wear boots more often and like the style of Trickers boots over their shoes

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
WEEKEND QUESTION FOR THE FORUM!

we know Tricker’s makes both shoes and boots (and perhaps what Crafty needs right about now, some house slippers).

of your Trickers collection, what percentage are shoes versus boots, and is there a reason you prefer type over another?
I just got into Trickers because I saw a photo of the brogues somewhere and fell in love. I have one Stow and just ordered the Eaton MTO. As far as accessorising during colder seasons go, I prefer boots and don't have much leather shoes. For warmer months, sneakers all the way, mostly Vans, but funnily enough even those are Horween leather special release capsules that come up to the ankles, plus a couple of leather slip ons.

As an extension, how many pairs do some of the folks on here own exactly? My guess is anywhere from 10 to a 100?

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I’ll answer first. I’ve only four pair of Trickers, and they’re all boots. For me, I just wear boots more often and like the style of Trickers boots over their shoes
Many more boots than shoes.. not sure exact ratio but probs 70-30..

I like shoes but not as much as boots. Prefer tapered jeans and personally like them better with boots.

I got into Trickers as I do rural home surveys and wanted to blend in.. then it’s morphed into.. well you know!

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
He he to add on, I think I will add just another pair of Derbies to the collection and then I swear to God I will stop but in reality what it means is that I will move onto hoarding something else instead. :p

Phoenician

Reaction score
Many more boots than shoes.. not sure exact ratio but probs 70-30..

I like shoes but not as much as boots. Prefer tapered jeans and personally like them better with boots.

I got into Trickers as I do rural home surveys and wanted to blend in.. then it’s morphed into.. well you know!
when you survey a home, what kinds of questions do you ask them? How do your walls feel today, any soreness? Of the families that have lived in you, which was your favorite? Anything cool hidden in your walls?

on a side note, do English homes speak with an English accent? Doubt I’d be able to understand a cockney home any better than the occupant

konstantis

Reaction score
The Bourtons fit 8.5 U.K. for me. You think I should purchase 9.0 U.K. in stows ? Thanks.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you survey a home, what kinds of questions do you ask them? How do your walls feel today, any soreness? Of the families that have lived in you, which was your favorite? Anything cool hidden in your walls?

on a side note, do English homes speak with an English accent? Doubt I’d be able to understand a cockney home any better than the occupant
The places I get to mate you don’t want to speak!

princealbert

Reaction score
Meanwhile Division Road just dropped a new Tricker's collection. Some good lookers on Horween in there....

Wow yes, some of those look great. I’m seriously tempted by the blue Stows on the W2298 last. Unfortunately the import tax to the UK would probably be a killer.
I’m impressed by the way Division Road experiment with different leathers and also different lasts. To be honest this is what Trickers should be doing rather than putting out offerings in bookbinder or with lightweight soles, neither of which I am likely to consider buying.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's