1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Those medallions look great. I've never seen those 4 tiny punches at the very bottom tip of the medallion before. I think Stows and Bourtons typically have the medallions cut off/interrupted by the welt on all but the bigger sizes. You'd think they would set back the toe die a bit like they did here on all their shoes/boots...

2. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Definitely, Richard. You may well see these boots in the flesh for a re-sole soon (along with at least one pair of boots and possibly a pair of shoes!) and I'll probably bring them up in person to sunny Doncaster. I'll have another old pair of Tricker's to share later in the week.

Do you still have those Ridgeway soles? The manager of Edward Green's Jermyn Street shop was impressed with how those 1960s veldtschoen boots looked after your handiwork...

You know, I think it might be an older version as I checked my Eatons, where it's positioned in full view, and those four punches aren't there...

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I was just checking my boots too for a sign of the mystery punches.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Dashed outside during the footie to take a pic:

[​IMG]

5. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Agreed. Come to think of it, I might have seen that old medallion on a pair of NOS Stows on ebay some time ago.

What I meant, specifically, is that those 4 extra punches aside, the typical medallion that most are familiar with is often set so low on the toe that it gets cut off by the welt.

6. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Yeah, it's struck me before as being a little odd that the medallion gets snipped like that...it's more aesthetically pleasing on the Eatons where it's sitting proud and in full view on the toe-cap, in my view.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Very nice!

8. Steve7

Steve7 Active Member

Ask the Clickers- must save them a few quid on leather?
    Unless Trickers prefer the look. I'm not sure, TBH. I like both.

Just finishing dosing my Loggers with more dubbin and black shoe cream. They are pretty room, for a size 8 even accounting for the 4444 last's extra space. Swallowed a size 9 Jones the Bootmaker's leather insole. Having to drop in a Sorbothane Pro to pad them out (who wears thick wool socks often enough!).

1 person likes this.
  9. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Everything but the kitchen sink. Was there less restrictions with MTO previously?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Shoehealer

Shoehealer Well-Known Member

There are indeed two different Medallions of the Toe Guys.
    The one without the 4 Punch Holes at the Bottom is 'Number 12'.
    The one with the 4 Punch Holes is known as 'G'.
    I think I may start doing some of my Bulk MTO with the Number 12 Toe Die, and ask it to be set back on the Toe a little.
    I think it looks far better when no part of it is lost behind the Welt.

11. Shoehealer

If you really love them Steve, it is very easy for a Good Cobbler to put extra room in them for your Instep.
    Just where the Tongue is stitched in right ?

12. Shoehealer

Great Pictures, Great Boots ! Working really well with those denims for sure.

13. peezlep

peezlep Member

Good Day,

This is my first post but i've been following the thread for a while now. Following the many recommendations , I got in touch with the esteemed Richard due to the fact that my Super Boots from the Bureau were in desperate need of a new sole. They originally came with a leather sole, but due to my (rather wearing) gait, I decided to go with something more solid and went with a red dainite sole.

I am really chuffed with how they came out. It goes without saying that the service from the Shoehealer team was excellent every step of the way and the shoes I've had for a fair while look like they could be as good as new. Now to start dreaming up that MTO...

Took a couple of quick pictures, but will endeavour to take some of a better quality in due course.[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Steve7

Steve7 Active Member

?Are you talking about my Stow's that are a bit small? The post you quoted was about my loggers which are a bit big??

For the record, I have replaced my 7.5 stows with the espresso ones, so the pair in my avatar are for sale and I'll not be meddling despite how much I like them, Got too many shoes as it is!

(edit, sig line not visible when not logged in so suppose you were responding to that rather than the bit about the rather roomy loggers!)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  15. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Wait, aren't all current stock Stows, Bourtons, as well as your bulk MTOs already made with the #12 toe die w/o those extra 4 punches? :confused:

Perhaps you could just suggest to the Tricker's production manager that they take better care in setting the toe die on all their shoes/boots. Tbh, it seems a bit random at times and I don't see how having part of the medallion lost behind the welt can be a good thing.

Would love to see you use the 'G' die with extra punches on a SH MTO.

16. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Tidy first post - these look great!

17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Difference between Trickers' Rapello suede and Janus suede? From what I understand: Rapello has Scotch guard impregnated into the material already, while Janus suede is a firmer suede?

18. peezlep

peezlep Member

Cheers CTBrummie.

On another note, I came across is this chap in NYC, not sure if the store has been featured on the thread before, but some rather interesting make-ups. I think with a bit of modification, those saddle oxfords could become the finest looking golf shoes I ever did see.

http://grahamefowler.com/shop/mens-shoes-boots/trickers/

19. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

20. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

It's amazing how Tricker's managed to remarket themselves and acquired all those collabs and special orders from various designers/stores. It opens up numerous design possibilities beyond the traditional Northamptons.