• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do many people store their shoes in bags and then in their boxes? Surely, life is too short?
I don’t subscribe in keeping shoe trees inside of my footwear at all times, only for a day, or two if I forget they’re in there. Suede and cordovan definitely go inside shoe bags then on the shelf. I don’t like the dust build up suede and shell accumulate, the reason I use shoe bags for them. Leather goes straight to the shelf w/o any shoe bags.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very pretty. Wondering about the longevity of those topys. You put a lot of miles into this pair?
Not really lots of miles mate, fairly crazy rotation! Topy should last years anyway then the sole underneath has been pretty well preserved.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
END has a few on offer at the moment. They had a lovely Mahogany calf one on sale but someone snapped that up, sadly. THink a few others colours left.
I got the loggers the other week and they’re sweet!!

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
Not really lots of miles mate, fairly crazy rotation! Topy should last years anyway then the sole underneath has been pretty well preserved.
He he fair enough. You do have a lot of shoes. Carrying all those shoe boxes probably explains the hernia. :p

Bit the bullet on the Eaton in Kudu. Mailed ShoeHealer. Figured why not, and gonna try to get rid of some of my current rotation so I have more space ( ergo, less shoes ). All well until the next nice MTO type gig comes along, or I actually really do need some derbies but will order in spring.

As for the wear and tear, I guess I save the Eaton for fancier occasions because I do tend to wear mine hard. Lots of walking. This is my Stow after 8 - 10 wears maybe.

Attachments

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He he fair enough. You do have a lot of shoes. Carrying all those shoe boxes probably explains the hernia. :p

Bit the bullet on the Eaton in Kudu. Mailed ShoeHealer. Figured why not, and gonna try to get rid of some of my current rotation so I have more space ( ergo, less shoes ). All well until the next nice MTO type gig comes along, or I actually really do need some derbies but will order in spring.

As for the wear and tear, I guess I save the Eaton for fancier occasions because I do tend to wear mine hard. Lots of walking. This is my Stow after 8 - 10 wears maybe.
Yup, Mrs Crafty on shoe box moving...😂😂

jayvee

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do many people store their shoes in bags and then in their boxes? Surely, life is too short?
It is for me. You ask someone what trees do you get a different answer. I think their only purpose is to stop the shoe curling up and this only happens on leather soles shoes, if you have rubber soles it won’t happen really. You can’t stop creasing it’s normal, and varnished trees obviously can’t absorb any moisture and that’s what you get from top makers.

Rant over, wear your boots embrace the way they change and buy more when they’re done 😀

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's