• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
Yes, 13187 last is unusual. Is that the last used for the Roy boot MTO several years ago? I’m sure there are some on here who will remember that.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Roy gmto was made on the 4537 which is a somewhat chiseled last. The 13187 is a bit blobby country last used on the Boorman. Fit sort of like a 4497.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Look excellent mate. Not heard of that last before.
I originally read somewhere that the Sheene was on a 4497 but I had my doubts as they're roomier than my Paul Smith Stow on the 4444 also it was not stated on their site, my boots nor the box.....recently saw that the Motorcycle boot (an almost idendtical boot) on their outlet was on a 13187, so contacted Tricker's yesterday to confirm.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
The man should know. :)

The Roy gmto was made on the 4537 which is a somewhat chiseled last. The 13187 is a bit blobby country last used on the Boorman. Fit sort of like a 4497.

Tricker's "Boorman" from Herring Shoes. On the mysterious 13187 last. I ordered same size as 4497 and it feels similar.
Bellows tongue. A major PITA to take these on and off. Not a good choice for airport security.
Kudos to Herring for using Royal Mail upon request. They had to send each shoe separately though. This must not be uncommon as they included a pre-printed note explaining this.

trg12

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this when searching, but what are your experiences maintaining Olivvia, and in particular Olivvia deer skin leather? What products/routines do you use? Thanks!

princealbert

Reaction score

Thanks Zippy I had a sneaky feeling you might just know the answer to that one.

konstantis

Reaction score
May I ask the members their opinion about the Bourtons of the following link ? Also could anyone give me informations about the muflone leather and if this model is the lightweight version ? If not I am not interested. Thanks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
May I ask the members their opinion about the Bourtons of the following link ? Also could anyone give me informations about the muflone leather and if this model is the lightweight version ? If not I am not interested. Thanks.

I like them. They appear to be the heavy manly sole version. Maybe wait a few days in case they have a Halloween sale.

konstantis

Reaction score
Thanks. Says that they are on danite sole , so probably the heavier version ?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this when searching, but what are your experiences maintaining Olivvia, and in particular Olivvia deer skin leather? What products/routines do you use? Thanks!
Good question..."essence from olive leaves is used for tanning" and not too sure if using other products have a detrimental effect, especially with the very soft supple Deer skin leather.
Now having said that... I have treated my Deer skin Olivvia Sheenes with black shoe cream and yesterday due to the inclement weather decided to apply Mink oil.... long-term effect?....obviously we will have to wait and see.... but the boots look no worse for wear after a few hours walking in the rain. :)
Sheene2.jpg

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
...just to add, from the Tricker's site.

How to care for your Olivvia footwear:
  • Remove dirt or marks then polish with a clean cloth.
  • Once a fortnight use shoe cream to nourish the leather.
  • Once a fortnight use polish for weatherproofing. Use black for black leather and neutral for all other colours.
  • Keep your footwear in their shoe bags provided to prevent damage.
  • Use shoe trees to help maintain shape.

trg12

Reaction score
Good question..."essence from olive leaves is used for tanning" and not too sure if using other products have a detrimental effect, especially with the very soft supple Deer skin leather.
Now having said that... I have treated my Deer skin Olivvia Sheenes with black shoe cream and yesterday due to the inclement weather decided apply Mink oil.... long-term effect?....obviously we will have to wait and see.... but the boots look no worse for wear after a few hours walking in the rain. :)

I’m using renovateur and saphir’s neatsfoot cream and a regular brush. But I really don’t know if that’s a good idea.

Two things I’m wondering about is stretching the leather after moisturizing and dealing with burnished spots. The first picture shows how the moisturized leather looks when I put the trees in. Somehow strained and unhealthy, or not? The second picture shows burnished spots under the laces. I actually really like the look and feel of the leather when burnished, but I’m wondering if I should reset/treat the spots, somewhat like shell rolls.

Attachments

• A1CA469B-D450-4CF7-8C36-8CC912464E0D.jpeg
    A1CA469B-D450-4CF7-8C36-8CC912464E0D.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 32220B67-87CB-41DD-8E7B-5D12D8C5C780.jpeg
    32220B67-87CB-41DD-8E7B-5D12D8C5C780.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 65

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...just to add, from the Tricker's site.

How to care for your Olivvia footwear:
  • Remove dirt or marks then polish with a clean cloth.
  • Once a fortnight use shoe cream to nourish the leather.
  • Once a fortnight use polish for weatherproofing. Use black for black leather and neutral for all other colours.
  • Keep your footwear in their shoe bags provided to prevent damage.
  • Use shoe trees to help maintain shape.

Shoe cream and polish every two weeks seem like an insane amount of product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads