• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
They’re a lovely looking boot, I’ve just got them today so can’t speak to longevity however I have the black burford and they’re damn comfortable! You hardly know you’re wearing them. The black ones like a drink or two of nourishment so expect these to be the same. These are quite heavily burnished but a stunning colour. The orange laces are a bit ...🙈 but do come with standard laces too.
They do look fantastic. I am very tempted, but will wait. What do you condition them with?

I just stepped out in my Stows with the regular Dainite sole and can I just say, with single digit temps here, the cold shot right through the soles and the upper, so getting a thicker set of both is in order.

I wish Tricker's made more of their fancier styles with Commando soles.

Also, what do the kind folk on this forum make of this?

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look nice!
Just to try to confirm that I don’t dislike ALL Trickers, just the ones I have , here is a picture of them with some EG brogues as a comparison....

View attachment 1479255
I’m not a huge two tone fan but paired maybe with a different denim, probably darker, they’d probably go better. It’s all subjective of course and I take no offence in you not liking your own shoes. Whack em on eBay and try again is my motto! 😂

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do look fantastic. I am very tempted, but will wait. What do you condition them with?

I just stepped out in my Stows with the regular Dainite sole and can I just say, with single digit temps here, the cold shot right through the soles and the upper, so getting a thicker set of both is in order.

I wish Tricker's made more of their fancier styles with Commando soles.

Also, what do the kind folk on this forum make of this?

You’d condition as calf with the caveat these are heavily burnished so be careful not to remove that. I use rm Williams neutral as it does enough of what you need without removing the colouring.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
Yep, those are the choc ones.
Any burnished leather runs the risk with products like renavoting creams.
Ah I should be ok then. I got some brown polish with the Stows when I purchased them but typically I just use a clear \ neutral beeswax type polish for all my pairs. That should be ok, yeah?

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I should be ok then. I got some brown polish with the Stows when I purchased them but typically I just use a clear \ neutral beeswax type polish for all my pairs. That should be ok, yeah?
That’ll be fine. I’ve some heavily burnished RM Williams and that was the advice was the neutral creme which isn’t as deep penetrating. Leather is far tougher than folks give credit so doesn’t need pampered as much as we do! 😂

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
Those are crackers. Best Trickers I’ve seen in a while. Where from , any left in uk 9?
END Clothing, I believe. Quite a few sizes left and they just went on 30% sale so maybe a good time to pull the trigger. ;-)

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The red one in the middle on the top row is also quite pretty. Which one is that?
Green over white sole were from End many years ago.
Red is lollipop cavalier from the Bureau also many years ago.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's