• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

New to this forum but found myself here because I am looking to buy a pair of Stows in Sign Kudu or Burfords in Olivia deer skin Burgundy size UK 10. New ideally, but used in decent condition could work.

I just got my first pair of Stows in Cafe Burnished calf a little while ago and love it, and now looking to add some reds and burgundys to my collection.

Any and all help appreciated. Enjoying seeing some of what folks on here have as part of their collection too. :)
Hi, will keep an eye out and welcome to the forum.

Pedlar

Reaction score
Rainy day Stows
1D3978AC-193C-479C-92CA-7ED1FB914D7E.jpeg

And his and hers — wife was happy her new Annes, her first Tricker’s, kept her feet dry in a long day with lots of time in the wet.
DCF037A3-93DC-4F34-B699-DCE72EE4975E.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, will keep an eye out and welcome to the forum.
Thanks a ton! I've read a lot of your posts on here and appreciate the help much. :) I did actually find a pair of Stows in Sign at half price or so but sadly they are size 11 so wasn't sure whether to go ahead given it is a full size up. Basically, I'm thinking about it, but unsure whether that would be too big to be comfortable or even wearable. :p

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Thanks a ton! I've read a lot of your posts on here and appreciate the help much. :) I did actually find a pair of Stows in Sign at half price or so but sadly they are size 11 so wasn't sure whether to go ahead given it is a full size up. Basically, I'm thinking about it, but unsure whether that would be too big to be comfortable or even wearable. :p

Stows are quite generously sized - probably not enough to size down but I'd say that a whole size up would be unwearable.

Unrelated but has anyone else noticed a slow trickle of Tricker's (ha!) on the TK Maxx website?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stows are quite generously sized - probably not enough to size down but I'd say that a whole size up would be unwearable.

Unrelated but has anyone else noticed a slow trickle of Tricker's (ha!) on the TK Maxx website?
Thanks for that. I did wonder about exactly those two aspects based on wearing my current pair a bit more. They're almost close enough to make me wonder about a half size down, but obviously not so large that going a size up will be wearable just as you said.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Wore my Eaton Waxy Commanders to work the other day, they got quite the attention from my new work colleagues. Was hoping the Autumn/Winter collection would have some interesting leathers but personally, there is not anything unique for me.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Really like the look. I've got Leo in Polo. Where did you get the laces? And how are you treating the leather on those boots?
The laces I bought last year for some Viberg and they didn’t fit as the eyelets were too small! Just a bit of elbow grease with the horse hair brush on the kudu!

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here got the Burford derby boot in one of the Olivia leathers? How do those hold up compared to the more popular models? I've heard they are quire lightweight and great for being in all day.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone on here got the Burford derby boot in one of the Olivia leathers? How do those hold up compared to the more popular models? I've heard they are quire lightweight and great for being in all day.
I’ve the deerskin Burford which you hardly know you are wearing.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve the deerskin Burford which you hardly know you are wearing.
Any 'ifs' and 'buts' to go with that? I found a fairly priced black pair that I am considering. I do wonder about the suitability for Norwegian winters though if the skin is that thin....at a minimum woollen in-soles but that would be undone if the upper lets the cold in very easily.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
They’re very fine leather and not sure it’d be the warmest winter boot.
Can’t speak to the longevity yet although I did have concerns when I first bought them as are super fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads