• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I think Ridgeways are best of the rubber soles. Dainites, in my experience, are too light and a bit slippery. .............

PS. Lipstick on pigs is always a good look. All the best, Munky.
I'd be curious in knowing the composition of the rubber, I find the rubber on the Dainites to be rather hard, can imagine them being very problematic once the cold sets in, an all leather sole with full contact may in fact fair much better.
Reminds me back in the late 70s early 80s with the Blundstones being sold here in Canada, once the cold winter set in found my self landing on my derriere more than a few times, they since have changed the rubber as we do on snow tires which have a lower freezing or hardening tolerance.

jayvee

Reaction score
^ not sure of the story with these tbh. They were an impulse ebay buy that I’ve never got around to wearing and I have so many boots I thought I’d offer them up here before the bay.

Pretty annoyed with Trickers these days tbh. I don’t want paint splatters or lightweight soles thanks. Just knock out tasteful classics like Alden.

jayvee

Reaction score
I'd be curious in knowing the composition of the rubber, I find the rubber on the Dainites to be rather hard, can imagine them being very problematic once the cold sets in, an all leather sole with full contact may in fact fair much better.
Reminds me back in the late 70s early 80s with the Blundstones being sold here in Canada, once the cold winter set in found my self landing on my derriere more than a few times, they since have changed the rubber as we do on snow tires which have a lower freezing or hardening tolerance.
As a resident of northern Sweden I can say you are correct. Dainite are a menace on ice, ridgeway a bit better as are itshide style commando. None are as good as the Vibram heavy commando though. All down to the rubber compounds.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ not sure of the story with these tbh. They were an impulse ebay buy that I’ve never got around to wearing and I have so many boots I thought I’d offer them up here before the bay.

Pretty annoyed with Trickers these days tbh. I don’t want paint splatters or lightweight soles thanks. Just knock out tasteful classics like Alden.
Look cool, I like the Leo and would’ve had em but an incoming split toe means sense must prevail!

Phoenician

Reaction score
FWIW, Dainite the company are the makers of the Ridgeway and Medway soles.
http://www.dainite.com/ (warning flash). See under products.
Nice website, you can tell they do a lot of business with C&J, they have a lot of pics of their shoes. Never realized they made the Ridgeway

wonder how much the neighborhood around that plant has a rubber smell?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice website, you can tell they do a lot of business with C&J, they have a lot of pics of their shoes. Never realized they made the Ridgeway

wonder how much the neighborhood around that plant has a rubber smell?
I am sure there is a family connection between C&J and the Dainite company. Read it somewhere a while back.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my boots haven't arrived yet due that someone is in the blacklist with my same name so I have to sent proof that I'm a whole different person haha second time this happens to me, need to use my full next time. But anyway, my pair of Stow's were sold yesterday so I have some extra money to spend on shoes haha.

I ordered the Stow's in Mocassin Brown in 8.5 UK and I'm seriously tempted by the Bourton. I have these two in my minds, the mocassin brown too or the coffee burnished calf. I like the looks of both. Tough decision. What do you think?

Mocassin Brown

Coffee Burnished Calf

I still will wait until the Sotw's arrive to confirm the size but I feel that going 8UK in the Bourton might be too short. I'm more like a 9Uk narrow, so I usually downsize to an 8.5 UK standard and it's a good fit. But 8UK sounds that my toes would be nearly at the end of the shoe.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my boots haven't arrived yet due that someone is in the blacklist with my same name so I have to sent proof that I'm a whole different person haha second time this happens to me, need to use my full next time. But anyway, my pair of Stow's were sold yesterday so I have some extra money to spend on shoes haha.

I ordered the Stow's in Mocassin Brown in 8.5 UK and I'm seriously tempted by the Bourton. I have these two in my minds, the mocassin brown too or the coffee burnished calf. I like the looks of both. Tough decision. What do you think?

Mocassin Brown

Coffee Burnished Calf

I still will wait until the Sotw's arrive to confirm the size but I feel that going 8UK in the Bourton might be too short. I'm more like a 9Uk narrow, so I usually downsize to an 8.5 UK standard and it's a good fit. But 8UK sounds that my toes would be nearly at the end of the shoe.
I would go coffee burnished purely because you will have a moccasin brown Stow already. Both really nice colours though

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mocassin Brown

Coffee Burnished Calf

I prefer the darker colours but also footwear with soles whose colour matches the upper.

Is Stow still available as a shoe?

I would go for Marron or Expresso if I was choosing the boot version.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's