• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

jayvee

Reaction score
^ not sure of the story with these tbh. They were an impulse ebay buy that I’ve never got around to wearing and I have so many boots I thought I’d offer them up here before the bay.

Pretty annoyed with Trickers these days tbh. I don’t want paint splatters or lightweight soles thanks. Just knock out tasteful classics like Alden.

jayvee

Reaction score
I'd be curious in knowing the composition of the rubber, I find the rubber on the Dainites to be rather hard, can imagine them being very problematic once the cold sets in, an all leather sole with full contact may in fact fair much better.
Reminds me back in the late 70s early 80s with the Blundstones being sold here in Canada, once the cold winter set in found my self landing on my derriere more than a few times, they since have changed the rubber as we do on snow tires which have a lower freezing or hardening tolerance.

As a resident of northern Sweden I can say you are correct. Dainite are a menace on ice, ridgeway a bit better as are itshide style commando. None are as good as the Vibram heavy commando though. All down to the rubber compounds.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
^ not sure of the story with these tbh. They were an impulse ebay buy that I’ve never got around to wearing and I have so many boots I thought I’d offer them up here before the bay.

Pretty annoyed with Trickers these days tbh. I don’t want paint splatters or lightweight soles thanks. Just knock out tasteful classics like Alden.
Look cool, I like the Leo and would’ve had em but an incoming split toe means sense must prevail!

Phoenician

Reaction score
New cap toe black boots in boxcalf on Dainite. Big fan of this 4497 last!

758D674D-071A-4BC6-9EB7-9A0EA33A36C3.jpeg
6F08FBD6-7522-4241-8BF6-A6CC9DB3A078.jpeg
64DDD2BD-FF87-4C63-B4F7-1E8816AAB670.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
FWIW, Dainite the company are the makers of the Ridgeway and Medway soles.
http://www.dainite.com/ (warning flash). See under products.
Nice website, you can tell they do a lot of business with C&J, they have a lot of pics of their shoes. Never realized they made the Ridgeway

wonder how much the neighborhood around that plant has a rubber smell?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice website, you can tell they do a lot of business with C&J, they have a lot of pics of their shoes. Never realized they made the Ridgeway

wonder how much the neighborhood around that plant has a rubber smell?

I am sure there is a family connection between C&J and the Dainite company. Read it somewhere a while back.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, my boots haven't arrived yet due that someone is in the blacklist with my same name so I have to sent proof that I'm a whole different person haha second time this happens to me, need to use my full next time. But anyway, my pair of Stow's were sold yesterday so I have some extra money to spend on shoes haha.

I ordered the Stow's in Mocassin Brown in 8.5 UK and I'm seriously tempted by the Bourton. I have these two in my minds, the mocassin brown too or the coffee burnished calf. I like the looks of both. Tough decision. What do you think?

Mocassin Brown

2014-03-24_22.35.37.jpg

Coffee Burnished Calf

trickers_bourton_rubber_in_coffee_burnished_calf_1.jpg

I still will wait until the Sotw's arrive to confirm the size but I feel that going 8UK in the Bourton might be too short. I'm more like a 9Uk narrow, so I usually downsize to an 8.5 UK standard and it's a good fit. But 8UK sounds that my toes would be nearly at the end of the shoe.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my boots haven't arrived yet due that someone is in the blacklist with my same name so I have to sent proof that I'm a whole different person haha second time this happens to me, need to use my full next time. But anyway, my pair of Stow's were sold yesterday so I have some extra money to spend on shoes haha.

I ordered the Stow's in Mocassin Brown in 8.5 UK and I'm seriously tempted by the Bourton. I have these two in my minds, the mocassin brown too or the coffee burnished calf. I like the looks of both. Tough decision. What do you think?

Mocassin Brown

2014-03-24_22.35.37.jpg

Coffee Burnished Calf

I still will wait until the Sotw's arrive to confirm the size but I feel that going 8UK in the Bourton might be too short. I'm more like a 9Uk narrow, so I usually downsize to an 8.5 UK standard and it's a good fit. But 8UK sounds that my toes would be nearly at the end of the shoe.

I would go coffee burnished purely because you will have a moccasin brown Stow already. Both really nice colours though

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mocassin Brown

2014-03-24_22.35.37.jpg

Coffee Burnished Calf

I prefer the darker colours but also footwear with soles whose colour matches the upper.

Is Stow still available as a shoe?

I would go for Marron or Expresso if I was choosing the boot version.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

New to this forum but found myself here because I am looking to buy a pair of Stows in Sign Kudu or Burfords in Olivia deer skin Burgundy size UK 10. New ideally, but used in decent condition could work.

I just got my first pair of Stows in Cafe Burnished calf a little while ago and love it, and now looking to add some reds and burgundys to my collection.

Any and all help appreciated. Enjoying seeing some of what folks on here have as part of their collection too. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads