• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

CrashBurner

Reaction score

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After..

decided on double JR leather sole, toe plates and topy covers...

Arrive back tomorrow after insanely fast turnaround from The Shoe Healer team.
View attachment 1439309
No expense spared.

I don’t like white soles. However, even if I had been given the boots for free I would have still worn the white soles down before replacing them.

You got a great price on Rendenbach soles. They wear like iron. It seems a crime to add a Topy to them. Just use ordinary leather soles if you want to do that.

I would just bang in a couple of Blakey’s myself. Or use Triumph segs if you don’t like Blakey’s. You would have to trim the nails to size with a pincers but it’s not a big deal.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No expense spared.

I don’t like white soles. However, even if I had been given the boots for free I would have still worn the white soles down before replacing them.

You got a great price on Rendenbach soles. They wear like iron. It seems a crime to add a Topy to them. Just use ordinary leather soles if you want to do that.

I would just bang in a couple of Blakey’s myself. Or use Triumph segs if you don’t like Blakey’s. You would have to trim the nails to size with a pincers but it’s not a big deal.
I associate segs with farmers alas fella! Where I live that’s what they wear and the noise is irritating. I didn’t intend to have the cover sole. All my other JR soles I leave as nature intended with nowt but a toe plate to cover their modesty. With these Anth said about helping traction and I went along. Agree, bit overkill but then again, isn’t it all?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Change in the weather on this Sunday afternoon in TO had me swapping sandals for the Stows in Kudu Polo, depending on the light I love how these either look a chocolate brown or going strongly toward burgundy... although not quite as much as the Kudu Sign.
Stows Polo.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.