• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[cross posted on the shoe care site]

Does anyone have direct experience of the different qualities of Horween Chromexcel and Cavalier leathers? I know, roughly, how they are defined on paper but i wonder if the feel of each is significantly different. I have scoured the internet on this topic but would welcome anyone's personal experience. With thanks and best wishes, Munky.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
CXL and Cavalier are pretty much the same in my experience. Cavalier seems to be available in more colors.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CXL and Cavalier are pretty much the same in my experience. Cavalier seems to be available in more colors.
I have heard similar with CXL having possibly slightly more pull up.

VegasRebel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to ask here since this is the Tricker's thread:

I have a new pair of caramel kudu Stows coming soon. Anything in particular I should do with them once I make sure they fit but before I wear them the first time? I planned on a quick (neutral) polish & wax, though it sounds like Tricker's does that before shipping so it might not be necessary. I have general experience caring for dress shoes, but not Tricker's specifically, or arguably anything quite as nice (mostly Allen Edmonds, and a pair of Bruno Magli's) or anything in kudu leather.

dangerous

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a new pair of caramel kudu Stows coming soon. Anything in particular I should do with them once I make sure they fit but before I wear them the first time? I planned on a quick (neutral) polish & wax, though it sounds like Tricker's does that before shipping so it might not be necessary. I have general experience caring for dress shoes, but not Tricker's specifically, or arguably anything quite as nice (mostly Allen Edmonds, and a pair of Bruno Magli's) or anything in kudu leather.
They should be fine out of the box!

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to do it for my Tricker's buddies.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

One of the (many) great things about Kudu shoes is that they need almost no maintenance at all. A wipe down with a damp cloth is usually enough. Give them an occasional brush. I have had one of my pairs for over a year and have never put any product on them. Ditto, the pairs I have got since. I have no plans to dig out the creams, waxes or renovators. Kudu is easy care and Tricker's Kudu shoes and boots are the best! Best wishes, Munky.

VegasRebel

Reaction score
One of the (many) great things about Kudu shoes is that they need almost no maintenance at all. A wipe down with a damp cloth is usually enough. Give them an occasional brush. I have had one of my pairs for over a year and have never put any product on them. Ditto, the pairs I have got since. I have no plans to dig out the creams, waxes or renovators. Kudu is easy care and Tricker's Kudu shoes and boots are the best! Best wishes, Munky.
That's great to hear, and good info. Thanks, Munky!

leparrain7

Reaction score
Natural CXL Alden compared to lollipop Cavalier Tricker's.
Very similar leathers.

View attachment 1430906View attachment 1430907
very interesting publication thank you. therefore, in your opinion, if the quality of the leathers used by Trickers is similar to those used by Alden, how do you explain the monumental price difference? the name and prestige of the Alden brand?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.