• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why dont you ask them for a new pair at this point?

There's nothing wrong with the boots, as Richard just confirmed. I'll get it fixed myself, no need to abuse BB's or Tricker's generosity... :embar:

The Pastoral Utopian

Reaction score
It's also worth mentioning that a little care and attention--along with having a rotation--pays great dividends in terms of both looks and longevity.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There's nothing wrong with the boots, as Richard just confirmed. I'll get it fixed myself, no need to abuse BB's or Tricker's generosity... :embar:

i disagree, they provided you a product thats faulty, have them fix it,

you paid them money for a good product, why should you pay to fix a faulty product?

Richard Smith

Reaction score
May I offer a suggestion if this will be a 'DIY' fix?
Open the gap as wide as possible and use something like a Suede Brush to clean both sides of the surface. Use an 'Emery Board' (sand paper) to clean and scour both surfaces. Blow out any loose particles and Brush again. Apply the Latex Contact Adhesive to both sides evenly with a brush, being careful Not to apply too much (important). You must keep the gap open until the Adhesive is dry to the touch. Once dry to the touch, warm up the area with a Hair Dryer and press together tightly. Grip should be instant and sound. Apair of 'Pliers' can be used carefuly to 'pinch' the area together.

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i disagree, they provided you a product thats faulty, have them fix it,
you paid them money for a good product, why should you pay to fix a faulty product?

If this re-occurs I will ask them to fix it. But as it truly seems to be a small flaw, I wil have my shoecobbler have a go at it. I trust her.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
If I may Sir.
I am certain that the colour of the 'Paul Smith' Collaboration is the regular 'Marron Antique Calf'. The Stow, Bourton and Woodstock are stock Tricker's models in this colour.
What differentiates your Paul Smith model from a regular Stow, is the 'figure of eight' Brogue Detailing on the Wing Cap and Heel Counter.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/tr...?filterString=search~trickers/&colorFamily=04
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?

We call that the Not-Stow. It is not as large as the Stow. I don't think "sleek" is a good word for it; it is much like a Barrie-lasted Alden boot in terms of shape.

There are many pictures and much discussion of the boot in the Trickers for Sierra Trading Post thread ...

I keep a bottle of Bish's Original Tear Mender in my shoe kit. It is good to have on hand, and I think it's the kind of product Richard is recommending for repairing the sole separation.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it only available from Sierra Trading Post?

My guess is yes. It looks like STP has a deal with Tricker's. Years ago they offered Tricker's every now and then. But now they get full runs of various styles on an annual basis.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The size is so limited.. I wish they have more.
Sigh.........

Don't worry, they will. They have been restocking all the styles on a regular basis. And also wait for a good coupon deal - they often go to 35% off, and sometimes 40%.

Jescha

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post, so be nice to me! Thank you.
While I was reading this thread, I came across the MTO Tricker's Coffee Eaton and I knew immediately that I wanted a pair - not boots but shoes!
Now the good news, I contacted Richard of Shoe Healer and after half a dozen emails Richard had just advised me that he had managed to place a bulk order (12) of a shoe version of coffee Eaton.
Similar specification to the Eaton boots, 4444 last fitting 5, brass eyelets and dainite sole.
I am truly excited
bounce2.gif
but what's the right sizing? I wear 8.5E to 9D in Allen Edmonds, 7.5H in RM Williams.
Would 7.5 be the right size for me?

TheChefs

Reaction score
I got the same boots as hc4thehc... I'm not quiet sure which last it is. I got the same size as my c&j shoes. It is abot half a size bigger, I can wear them with sole insert and thick socks, but it is a tight squeeze, especially in instep. Without the insert and thick sock they are perfect.

http://jarek.smugmug.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads