• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

alantrickman

Reaction score
Has anyone spoken directly to Trickers yet about the Flint Grey Reversed Kudu? I was told that that material was only for the Division Road collab and could not be used on MTO.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Nope

think was dead in water as not much interest.

as an aside was told a substantial delay with mto due to reduced staffing for social distancing in uk. I ordered one this week but am in no rush but I’d think Xmas possibly.

alantrickman

Reaction score
Nope

think was dead in water as not much interest.

as an aside was told a substantial delay with mto due to reduced staffing for social distancing in uk. I ordered one this week but am in no rush but I’d think Xmas possibly.

Yup was told MTO wouldn't start until mid-September (at the very earliest) Though I honestly think it could easily be pushed past that.

The bit of good news is that while it doesn't seem Flint will be available, there is quite a nice shade I hadn't seen before. It's burgundy reversed kudu, but it looks quite purple. Personally I think it looks fantastic, though probably not for everyone. It's the same color used on this Monty here.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.38.38 AM.png

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Ellis...is it a slip on or lace up?....neat looking boot though. : )
Ellis.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kind of a mash between a Henry and a Stow. I’ve not got one but not sure if you need to unlace anyway?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Kind of a mash between a Henry and a Stow. I’ve not got one but not sure if you need to unlace anyway?
I see that ....
...here's sort of the same boot...thought they'd be good for a situation where one doesn't have time for messing with laces.

Looking for more info I just came across this site...are they legit????
Some boots are priced accordingly but the Tricker's are almost give aways...as they say "If it's too good to be true....."

rob80bboots

Reaction score
That looks wrong on so many levels. Whatever next, a Stow with Velcro straps instead of laces? A sandal version of a Bourton?
I thought the same thing...lol....sort of suspenders with belt....but again there are those times that boot has gotta come off quick...yes there's always the Henry....but in a way that one looks odd too... just not as much....but sometimes odd is good. :rolleyes2:

konstantis

Reaction score
Dear Members, I have just received my second pair of Bourtons from Yoox. The first one was the cafe burnished even though I ordered the coffee colour. Now the pair that just arrived is the Wheat Cavelier but in commando sole instead of the danite that was shown in the photo. The leather of the wheat cavalier is thicker than the one in cafe burnished. Also the wheat cavalier is more roomy than the Cafe burnished even though both are 8.5 U.K. Could anyone explains to me why that is happening. I am attaching photos for both shoes and I would like your options if you could keep only one of them. Thank you.

Attachments

• 0FA84FA3-CA03-4B50-8401-563D10627080.jpeg
    0FA84FA3-CA03-4B50-8401-563D10627080.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 32A66D90-43F4-4387-BFC7-FF92E40EBF47.jpeg
    32A66D90-43F4-4387-BFC7-FF92E40EBF47.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 81
  • 491309B8-15BE-492B-8F6F-0C843768208D.jpeg
    491309B8-15BE-492B-8F6F-0C843768208D.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 84
  • B7CB56B9-2B88-4A22-B191-4BF113A96C64.jpeg
    B7CB56B9-2B88-4A22-B191-4BF113A96C64.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 85

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Dear Members, I have just received my second pair of Bourtons from Yoox. ............

......... I would like your options if you could keep only one of them. Thank you.

IMHO they both look great...difficult choice if only keeping one.....hhhhmmm.....I have a tendency to go dark but the wheat could take on a lot of character, I'd keep both.
The Wheat could possibly have been built on a 4444 last.....at this point go for the one that fits you best, as shoes are made for walking.....

konstantis

Reaction score
IMHO they both look great...difficult choice if only keeping one.....hhhhmmm.....I have a tendency to go dark but the wheat could take on a lot of character, I'd keep both.
The Wheat could possibly have been built on a 4444 last.....at this point go for the one that fits you best, as shoes are made for walking.....
Isn’t both the cafe and the wheat built on a 4444 last ;

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Dear Members, I have just received my second pair of Bourtons from Yoox. The first one was the cafe burnished even though I ordered the coffee colour. Now the pair that just arrived is the Wheat Cavelier but in commando sole instead of the danite that was shown in the photo. The leather of the wheat cavalier is thicker than the one in cafe burnished. Also the wheat cavalier is more roomy than the Cafe burnished even though both are 8.5 U.K. Could anyone explains to me why that is happening. I am attaching photos for both shoes and I would like your options if you could keep only one of them. Thank you.
In a weird twist of fate the wheat on commando are the ones I ordered and they sent some other tat! I then got them on Dainite...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads