• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is comfortable from the first wear but just a bit snug in the big toe. I wear thin socks almost always and I was wondering if I should return them or keep them. I like my shoes to be a little snug but comfortable.
My problem with my Bourtons has always been at the other end of the shoes. Each pair slips at the heel a bit - especially my right heel. I can understand the last bit as our feet are not necessarily identical in size. I have realised that, over time, the heels slip less. My theory is that the soles of these shoes are so thick that they need 'bending' quite a bit, over time and thus take a long time to break in.

Also, I have to wear insoles in Bourtons as i sit between two shoes sizes. If you do have to go down the insole route, it is worth noting that they need to be changed for new ones, fairly regularly. I know that purists would tell me that if I need to use insoles, my shoes don't fit. This much is self evident. In my view, the insoles help to make them fit.

My apologies if I have posted most of this before. I am getting to the age when I repeat myself most of the time. I am getting to the age when I repeat myself most of the time. With best wishes, Munky.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, brand new Bourtons with double leather sole or commando sole have all the flexibility of plywood.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May i ask if you think 9UK in Bourtons would be better ? I am 9 UK in all Meermins and my first Bourton seems ok but a little snug in the big toe . Thanks
8.5 should be ok, that’s what I’d go, you will probably find it eases substantially after a wear or two. That said I do have size nines but have to wear with thicker socks.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Matches us site. Free shipping.
Green suede loafers $160
Brown suede loafers $200
Brown suede Stows $270
A few random others styles. It's the same stuff they've had for a while but the loafers are reduced more.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
May i ask if you think 9UK in Bourtons would be better ? I am 9 UK in all Meermins and my first Bourton seems ok but a little snug in the big toe . Thanks
IMHO, as shoes normal do change all that much longitudinally...if you can exchange them I believe your big toe may be a little more content moving the toe box slightly forward that little extra 1/8 inch or 3mm.

Size chart.png

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matches us site. Free shipping.
Green suede loafers $160
Brown suede loafers $200
Brown suede Stows $270
A few random others styles. It's the same stuff they've had for a while but the loafers are reduced more.
Thanks. the stow is 305 on the website, is there an additional discount code that makes it 270?

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. the stow is 305 on the website, is there an additional discount code that makes it 270?
It's showing $305 probably because you're shipping to Canada.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uk not on sale yet, this old chestnut again...
To be fair the green Stow are lovely but I’m not that fussed.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
They sure are pretty, but not in my size (almost broke my fasting)......there is an an option box to pre pay taxes...click to remove.
Suede Stow.png

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Crafty, I think they're dark brown and not green. The colo(u)r is listed as "khaki".

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the clarification. @rob80bboots @zippyh
Yeah other than this Khaki pair, I am also looking at the one from Abbot's place, 280 GBP (and has a 10% first time coupon)
D0452C7C-8660-4347-8E1E-0F623E625839.png

Both good price. Just hesitate to pull the trigger due to the covid and the season.
I first found the casual Stow look from ins (something like below), and have been admiring them for a while, they are sexy.
8DB5AE14-FDAB-4EB8-8B21-F25FA73E869F.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.